Brushes Of Life

Hello lovelies!!

Yea, it's been a few day's since I last updated but I've been up to some major thing's that include the Harper series!!! I hope I haven't kept you waiting tooo long😂 I know everyone is wondering what Aiden is up to and if Mizery and Seam have made it out of bed yet😂😂

Just a quick announcement.... My book Awakening has reached the one million mark!!! Such a major milestone and I'm glad you all are here to share it with me!! Big thanks!!!

Now, get your popcorn, wine, tissues and whatever vices you may need cause this chap is going to have your emotions everywhere! Enjoy!!

Love is a funny thing. You might think you are fine, that you've moved on. Then it happens..... You see him and all those old feelings, old emotions and buried pain resurfaces......

A small smile tilted the corners of my mouth as I felt this light, ticklish sensation running up my rib cage. Not able to withstand the fluttery feeling any longer, I turned over toward Sean without opening my eye's and said in a sleep fogged voice. "Sleep. I need more sleep and then later we can pick up where we left off".

I heard Seam's deep, rumbling chuckle as he stopped his ticklish assault and pulled me close to his chest. "Sleep my lucky charm but I will uphold you to you're promise" .

"Mmm". I agreed and nuzzled my face into his chest as I immediately begun to doze back off.

" Yes, by all means continue to sleep. I'll be more than glad to wait ". An all too familiar voice echoed off of the wall's.

Gripping the sheet snuggly around my naked body I sat up sharply. The sleep daze lifted and I reached for my clothing as Seam did the same. Feeling all through my clothing, I came up empty handed and guessing by the mumbled slurrs Seam had the same dilemma. A lamp flickered on from across the room illuminating the devil himself. Wearing a satisfied smirk, Aiden dangled Seam's gun from his fingers before dropping it on the floor by him along with every weapon we had possessed. "Looking for something?" Aiden asked.

Sleep now the last thing on my mind, my anger surfaced. "Just what in the hell are you doing Marritta?"

Grinning, he replied. "Putting a stop to this...." He paused to swirl his finger at Seam and I . "This whatever it is".

" This is none of your business Aiden. You're breaking the treaty just by being here". I reminded him.

Shrugging his shoulders he spoke. "You are mine or have you forgotten?"

Standing up pulling the sheet along with me to cover my nakedness, I rushed toward him. "You lost me. I was no longer yours the moment you turned you're back on me and married another. Go home to your wife and I won't tell anyone that you broke the treaty".

" Hold up a minute ". Seam's voice chimed in. "You told me that you didn't know the Marritta's Mizery?"

Aiden laughed. "Seems your lucky charm lied. She knows me very well isn't that right wildflower?"

Looking back toward Seam, I have him an apologetic look. "I'm sorry Seam. At the time I thought it was best to not tell you. I stupidly dated this assbag but not for long. It's been over."

Turning my attention back to Aiden, I asked with a glare. "Why are you here?"

" I told you. I've came to collect what is mine. Leave quietly Mizery and I'll let your leprechaun live".

"And they say I'm the delusional one. We are no longer together. You're fucking married to my enemy. Leave." I warned.

At this point Seam tried to make a move for his gun but Aiden was quicker. Training his gun on Seam, he growled. "Don't try to be a hero O'Malley. You will not survive. You will join your father. I must admit it was pleasurable putting a bullet between your father's eye's. Don't be next".