Attempted Murder

My mind and body slowly woke up and I instantly remembered what I needed to do and how I ended up here. Last night I drank more than I ever had and Aiden took many first time advantages with me. The one that stuck out the most was the kisses. If I concentrated hard enough I could still feel his lips against mine, feel his tongue caress mine and taste what was him. Damn he tasted wonderful and I wanted nothing more but to spend the rest of the night kissing him but he blew it.

The bastard knew I was drunk and lured me away from my family, asked me about my trackers so he could remove them and attempted to kidnap me. I say attempted because this isn't over yet.

Too drunk to fight back last night I did the only thing I could do, I remained peaceful. I willingly agreed to go with him, in fact I pretended to be excited over our adventure together but today is a new day and my sun is about to rise. Currently we are staying in a suite at a casino in Atlantic City that he owns, well his father owns. However Aiden was no fool and knew that I may have a change of heart so he cuffed me to the bed. Key word here is cuffed. Had he used rope or chains I may not stand a chance but I am fluent in escaping cuffs.

Further more I don't have my meds on me and I can feel the crazy calling. I needed to act fast before I really did something unrepairable. Knowing that Aiden was still sound asleep, I quietly worked myself free of the cuffs. Yes, I should run right out but he needed to pay the price for trying to kidnap me, besides my voices was in high gear.

Ripping the cord from a lamp, I masterfully tied his wrists together. Naturally this action woke him but it was too late. Grabbing his gun I jumped atop of him and jabbed the barrel to his nose. "Do you know that there are a million ways to die? The very first one on the list is by trying to kidnap a Harper".

" Miz, let me go". Aiden steamed.

"Number two on the list is stealing my first kiss while I was intoxicated" .

"You fucking wanted it". He grinned.

My knee punched him in his crotch and he wailed out in pain. "Fucking bitch".

Tilting my head, I gave a pouty look. "Oh, you fucking wanted it".

" Mizery the smartest thing you can do is untie me. If you do I'll go easy on you".

Pop. My fist slammed into his nose... Again. "Your hardest wouldn't even make me break a sweat. I'm deadly crazy Aiden. If your smart you'll leave me be. I'd hate for you to have an accident" .

"Your wrong Miz and you know it. You want me as much as I want you. Admit it to yourself. Know this though, you may get away this time but you'll never be safe from me. I'll always hunt you and I will have you. I'm a fucking King and I always have what I want. You are no exception. Fuck your father, fuck Demarco, fuck your brother and cousins. Fuck the Harper's. I will have you. I will tame you and you will call me your king. You belong to me now. You are mine".

" Your more delusional than I am. I'm not yours and never will be".

Aiden laughed. "Look at those bruises on your neck and chest. They say otherwise. Know this Mizery, you can leave but I will come for you."

It was my turn to laugh. "And my pape will cut your head off. Believe that. We are Harper's. We don't fuck around".

" and I am a Marietta. Your family is the least of our worries. "

"We shoot then ask questions" . We both said simultaneously.

Refusing to argue any longer, I glared down at him. "Hate to run, but gotta go".

" I dare you to try". He warned.

I don't know what came over me. Maybe it was anger. Maybe it was that I did enjoy his kisses or maybe it was a mixture of both but I leaned down and slammed my mouth to his. This kiss wasn't like the one's we shared the night before. I kissed him savagely, hard, almost brutally. When I began to pull away I bit his bottom lip sharply. "Be seeing you fucker". I said then slammed the butt of his gun against his head knocking him out.

Quickly I ran out and hailed a cab home. My heart was pounding as I wondered what I would tell everyone. I had to come up with a story fast. As I tried to plan something I sent Alice a text and she informed me that my Pape was tearing New York up piece by piece searching for me. Deciding that being somewhat honest would be the best option, I crossed my fingers and entered the building. I saw the men immediately contact my Pape of my appearance. When I stepped off the elevator on my floor there he was waiting for me along with my mom. His eyes took in my rumpled clothes and I knew he was going to explode. "The fuck you been?"

" I'm okay. I was just with a friend ".

" what friend? "

"Just a friend".

" Miri, you better tell this little girl that I'll kill her and her friend".

"Damn Pape, I'm not a child. I was out with a male friend".

" Give me his name and pray you didn't do what I think you did with this dead bastard".

"Mom please. Make him stop".

By this time my uncle and cousin's had peeked out their doors to watch the show. Demarco laughed and taunted my Pape. "You know what she was out doing. Same thing you was doing to my sis at that age".

Pape's nostrils flared and Dem's remark pissed me off as well. Before I could think the word's flew from my mouth. "Maybe you should watch Demy closer dear uncle. She's got a hot boyfriend with raging hormones that she's been sneaking off with for weeks".

Demarco's face turned thirty shades of red as he growled. "The fuck. Demy, where you at girl. I'm bout to beat your ass. Best believe there's bout to be a murder. Cupcake, make funeral arrangements" .

He disappeared behind his slamming door and I felt bad for ratting Demy out. Walking on into my home, my Pape was on my heels. "Stop right there". He demanded.

" No. I need my meds then I'm going to sleep". I yelled.

"Who the fuck is it?" He roared.

" not your business that's who. I'm grown and you can't control me anymore".

I saw more rage fill his face and before I could shield myself his hand struck my cheek with enough force that it busted my lip. Mom jerked him away as I looked at him stunned. Never had my Pape, the person I loved and trusted the most ever hurt me. "I hate you". I barely mumbled and raced to my room and the comfort of my home in the wall.

If he could hit me over this, he would kill me if he knew that I was with Aiden.

Aiden's POV

" Get the duck up. How could you let her escape? " I heard as I was shaken awake.

Opening my blurry eye's, I made out the two masked people. "She's a beast and we'll trained". I gave as my excuse.

" Flipping idiot". One of them hissed.

They uncuffed me and I slowly sat up as one of them placed a cold pack to the knot on my head. "You've got to make this happen Aiden. You've got to make her fall for you and marry her. The Harper's and Marritta's must merge together as one. The sooner the better".

" In case you haven't noticed, Mizery isn't the easiest person to kidnap or control. I'll get her though, I swear. Have you spoken to my father about the joining of the famlies? " I asked trying to ease the ache in my head.

"Yes, and he thinks it's brilliant. If you pull this off we will ensure your safety until they understand this is for the best. In fact since you can't seem to kidnap her we are planning to do it".

" No. I've got this". I claimed.

I watched as they removed their masks to get more comfortable. "You've got one more chance then we will do it".

" I said I've got it". I said irritated and went to the bathroom.

I hate this entire situation. Yea, I do like Mizery but it's too soon for love. I just wish I didn't have to go about it this way. I wanted Mizery to want me like I wanted her.