In The Raw

A faint breeze was in the air that caused a certain chill but nothing compared to the chill that ran through my veins. The pungent smell of decaying fish was strong enough to take your breath away but soon the metallic scent of blood would overpower it. The question was would it be my blood or Finns or possibly both? The only thing I can answer right now was that I didn't come here to lose, I came to win and win I will.

Fog hung over the inky water like a rolling cloud of smoke and a barge could be heard in the distance. Oddly the lonesome sound of it's horn comforted me. The cool air made my fractured arm ache further but I welcomed the pain. It served as a reminder of what this man did to me, what he cost me but I felt warm on the inside knowing that I was about to return the favor ten fold.

Another strong gust of chilly wind sailed in blowing my hair about my face and my eyes darted to the loose warehouse door as it screeched against it's rusted hinges. In this moment I was nothing but sense and instincts. My eye's scoped out ever nook and cranny without my head turning on its axis. My nose sought out that all too familiar smell of his toxic cologne while my ears zoned in on every sound. I knew the bastard was here and probably watching me. In the distance I begin to hear the faint scraping of shoes in the pot marked, wet pavement and I knew he was trying to creep up behind me. Smiling, I begin to go say in a sing song voice.

"Monster's were never under my bed.
They chose to reside inside my head.
I fear no monsters.
How can you fear something you don't see?
Then I finally figured it out...
The monster has always been inside of me"

Instantly the shuffling of his feet stopped as he snorted. "Yes, you've always been crazy. Everyone knows this. They either pitied you or hated you. The women want nothing to do with you and the men just tolerated you. If I do decide to kill you they'll assume you just finally offed your miserable self. Poor Mizery, her mental issues finally became too much. Yes, they'll all pretend to mourn you but be happy on the inside".

Blowing off all his remarks that were meant to rip my self esteem to shreds, I crossed my arm's and feined boredom. "Did you come here to fight with word's or did you come here to fight physically?"

" You can't be serious. Your a girl here alone with a man but not just any man, a man that is highly trained. Tell you what, I'll cut you a break. Call this tough girl charade off and you marry me making me a future king. Then we will call it even? "

"Sounds like you're trying to talk your way out of an ass whooping. Are you scared? Do I scare you that bad? I'll tell you what" I announced sternly as I removed my weapons from my body and tossed them aside.

"I'll remove my weapons so you at least have a fair chance". I spat.

Finn shook his head in wonderment. "Not only are you crazy but you're stupid as well. How do you plan on defeating me without weapons?"

Smirking I spoke. "I don't need any weapons because I am the weapon" .

This caused him to laugh out loud plus gave me the perfect opportunity to make the first strike. Charging at him full force I closed lined him using my good arm. Finn's feet sailed up into the air as his back slammed into the pavement. Hovering over him, I went to kick him in the ribs but he rolled away. I tried twice more to land my foot into its target but he continued to roll out of reach. In the next instance he gripped my ankles and yanked me down. I landed on my bottom with a grunt but I wasn't phased. Hopping up, I resumed my fight stance. Finn stood and glared at me. "Okay fine, if you want to go hand to hand we will."

We both couched down a bit and had our fists positioned. We begin that timeless dance of circling each other waiting for the perfect, unsuspecting opportunity to strike out at the other. Finn sent a jab toward my face but I quickly learned to the side and blocked his punch with my injured arm. That hurt like hell but I held it in. It was important to not let Finn know I had a lame arm that he could use to his advantage. Soon as I blocked his punch I countacted with a blow of my own to his ribs. Even though I saw the discomfort on his face I didn't take time to gloat.

Swinging out again Finn was able to dodge my fist but came back at me. Thankfully I ducked just in time. This time I faked going in with my injured arm and just as I had hoped he leaned in the opposite direction and I smashed my good fist into his cheekbone hard enough to split the skin. Blood trickled from the gash but he didn't stop to wipe it awsy. Not backing off for a second I continued on and delivered a combination to his face. It was obvious that he was becoming infuriated which made his fighting begin to get sloppy.

On and on we went, neither giving in. By now our bodies were growing weary and blood colored each of our faces yet we kept dancing with all we had. Finally I managed to deliver a strong uppercut that seemed to daze him. Finn stumbled back a few steps and I made the move to finish him. I jumped up with plans on landing a roundhouse kick to his head but the fucker filled me. As I was about to land my kick he grabbed my leg and slung me down. My injured arm crashed onto the pavement and a whelp escaped my lips and I clutched my throbbing arm. Finn grinned knowing he had found my weak spot. Gripping my broke arm he jerked me up and proceeded to twist it harshly.

Gritting my teeth against the pain I felt my knees begin to buckle. Lower and lower I sank toward the ground as a hard, heavy rain begin to fall from the sky. In a matter of seconds we were soaked and bearing the extra weight of our wet clothes. One of my knees touched the ground and I willed myself not to give in to the pain. Suddenly a sharp image of what my baby would have looked liked seared into my mind and a raw, new rage filled me. "You will not win". I screamed and used every ounce of strength I had to lift my knee off the ground. Using my strong arm, I sailed my fist into his crotch and breathed in deeply as my hurt arm was released.

Not taking the time to catch my breath, I hammered a blow to the back of his neck as he was hunched over. The rain began to blurr my vision and made footing slippery as well as trying to grab the other. Launching myself onto his back, I wrapped my arm around his throat and was going in for the kill when a scorching heat ripped into my good arm. Losing my grip, I fell back to the ground and saw that my good arm had been deeply cut. Finn stood above me wielding a knife. I should have known that his slimy ass wouldn't fight fair. My mind raced as to what to do next. My broken arm was pretty much useless and he made sure to place the cut in such a manner that it weakened my good arm.

Having no other option, I bounced up and charged him. I slammed into his body with such force that I sent both of us tumbling over the dock into the frigid, rough water. Soon as I surfaced a strong current sucked me back under but I managed to fight it and burst to the surface once again. I begin to swim toward the dock wall as the water sloshed me around and my arm's were basically useless. I

Through the raging water and pelting rain I looked around for Finn but didn't spot him anywhere. My hope was that he hadn't survived the treacherous waters. Giving it my all, I finally made it to the wall and was about to pull myself up when I was jerked under the water. A set of strong hands held me under and no matter how hard I fought I couldn't break free. I could feel water starting to fill my lungs and my efforts grew weaker. Finally my hold slipped away and I could feel myself sinking.