Plans Blown

Stepping from the bathroom after a fresh shower, I discovered that my masked friend's were still there. Downing a few more aspirin to ease my sore head one of them asked. "So what's your next step. How do you plan on getting Mizery back and getting this done?"

Jesus, these guy's were relentless. "If you haven't noticed I'm probably suffering from a concussion where she clobbered me upside the head".

The bastards snickered and one taunted. "Oh please, she went easy on you".

I was about to reply when my phone buzzed. Looking at the screen I immediately recognized the number even though I deleted it week's ago. Placing my finger to my lips, I instructed my masked nuisances to remain quiet. "Hello"

"Aiden?" Her voice came through sounding small and my body tended with worry.

" it's me Mizery". I replied and waiting for her to speak.

"Aiden, can I trust you?"

Instantly I knew something was wrong with her and my protective nature roared to life. "You know you can". I said softly not wanting my masked company to hear our first ever intimate conversation.

Stepping into the bathroom, I shut the door. "Talk to me Miz. Are you okay?"

" Can you get me out of here Aiden? "

"I'm sure I can but first you need to tell me what's going on".

" Its my Pape. When I didn't come home he assumed the worse about me".

"Does he know that you was with me?"

" No, I lied about that part. Regardless he still lost it and hit me busting my lip. I'd hate to know what he would have done if he knew the truth".

My temper flared at hearing that he hit her. Yes, he might be her father but no one harms what is mine. Trying to control the anger in my voice I said calmly. "Its best you did lie then. Can you get out?"

" probably. They usually don't suspect anything like this from me so I shouldn't be being watched. "

"Good, good. Try to slip out and wait outside for me. I'll be there in an hour. Text me when you get out so I know you made it safely".

" Okay".

"Okay. I'll be there soon".

I went to disconnect but heard her say my name. "Yes Miz?"

" Thank you Aiden".

I smiled into the receiver. "I'll be seeing you".

No, thank you Mizery. You are walking right into my hands and our plans. Thing was that I didn't think I could follow through with it now. I really liked her and didn't want to force anything on her and make her hate me. Furthermore I was beyond livid over her father putting his hands on her. I will ensure he answers for that the first chance I get. Storming from the bathroom in anger, I grabbed my gun and made sure it was loaded. "What are you doing? What happened?" The masked one's asked.

" I'm going to teach Cole Butini a lesson. No one touches what is mine and lives. He busted Mizery's lip, now I'm going to bust his head".

"Whoa, whoa. Wait, you can't do that. If you even try to Come will win, count on it. Plus Mizery is just upset with him right now. If you harm him you have lost her and everything we have worked for will be for nothing." .

"To hell with your plans. I'm done being a pawn in your court. I'm not doing the plan anymore. I fucking want Mizery but I refuse to force her hand. If it happens it happens but it will be our choice. Yea, I always had this little boy crush on her and I didn't intend to fall for her like I have. You caused this. You devised this plan and wanted me to make Mizery fall for me but she didn't. I fucking fell for her. The plans off. I won't betray her".

Not waiting to hear anymore from them, I left. Thankfully the drive there gave me time to cool off and realize that the masked people were right about one thing. If I try to hurt Cole I would lose Mizery. For now I'll hold my anger in but one day he will answer for anything he has ever done to her.

Slowly I drove by her building and spotted her across the road. Pulling over, she hurriedly got in my car. Tossing her bag in the backseat she placed the seatbelt around her and remained quiet. I pulled away from the curb and glanced over. Her lip was a bit puffy and anger filled me again. "You okay?"

She only nodded. For the first time I noticed how small she was compared to me and I grinned. She may be small but she could pack a punch. Soon we had exited the state of New York and she finally spoke. "Where are we going?"

" my family has a cabin in Colorado where we can hide for now. No one but us knows about it so we should be safe. Did you remove your trackers? "

Mizery nodded. "I left them at home" .

My heart went out to her. She seemed so sad and lonely even though I was sitting beside her. I didn't know much about her condition but I hoped her gloom wasn't due to it. Sliding my hand over, I grasped hers and held it. Amazingly she allowed me to hold it.. I wanted her to know that she wasn't alone and that she could count on me. She would be forever protected.

Many hours later we arrived at my family's hideout cabin. Thankfully I stopped for food and other essentials before arriving. The day was cool and dreary, matching Mizery's mood. I recalled how my mom would make me soup and grilled cheese sandwiches as a child. No matter how moody I was or sick that meal always did the trick. I wanted Mizery to cheer up so I sat forth making my favorite comfort meal. It made me happy that she enjoyed it and ate seconds.

After she had her fill of food, she pulled a pill bottle from her bag and swallowed one. "Is that for your condition?"

" Yes".

"Care to explain it to me?" I asked nonjudgemental.

" No. I don't discuss it with anyone". She said in an ill tone.

Respecting her answer, I didn't push the matter.

"I'm sorry. Maybe I'll tell you about it one day". She said softly.

A thought sprung to my mind and I jumped up extending my hand to her. "I have something to show you that you may like".

Taking my hand, I led her upstairs to the bedroom I normally stayed in. Going to the closet, I opened the door and shoved a few item's aside to reveal a crawl space. Immediately Mizery opened the tiny door and begin to crawl in. "I hope this makes you feel better". I said but she already had the door closed.