Sisterly Love

"Bring Chinks and his men in. We will question their involvement in the recent bust. If it turns up they are innocent they'll be let go, if not, well we will fix that in our way". I ordered my men.

Nodding their understanding, they scuttled from my office to do my bidding. Loosening my tie, I leaned back in my chair and squeezed the bridge of my nose trying to fight this oncoming headache. Controlling my side of the Marietta business was a demanding job but behind all the stress I loved it. However dealing with the masked one's and their constant demands was wearing on my sanity. Between making sure my business was running smoothly and working with them on something entirely different was taking its toll. Currently they aren't very pleased with as I've stopped pursuing Mizery. Well let me clear that up. I'm not pursuing on their terms. In other word's I'm not trying to make sure she fall's in love with me only to merge our families. I'm wanting her to call for me in her on way, not by my persistent attempts to woo. Besides Mizery doesn't cared to be wooed, that's not her style. She's more of the type to get excited over a new gun instead of a rose.

Mizery is definitely not like most female's which only makes me love her even more. I definitely never know what her next move will be. However somewhere in that crazy head of hers I know that she loves me even if she doesn't admit it yet. I pride myself in knowing that out of everyone close to her I'm the one she chose to open up to. I know sections of Mizery's mind that no one else has ventured and I may not have before knew what to do to calm her but I do now.

It eats me everyday that she ran off that night before I could talk to her. My hopes was talking her into coming back with me but knowing her she wouldn't have done that. Mizery holds her family dear and will put her own needs on hold to please them. Yea, that infuriates me but at the same time I find it admirable that her loyalty is so strong. That's one thing that attracts me to her, if her loyalty is that strong just imagine how strong her love would be.

My next hope in seeing her is a meeting event coming up in two month's. I'm hoping that she will attend and maybe this time I can snag her away. I know that she has feelings for me but has a hard time showing them. Between her condition and thinking any form of emotion is weakness Mizery just doesn't know how to show it. However I feel lucky because during our two week escape to my cabin she allowed me to see the person she truly is, a person no one else has ever seen. That tells me that she trusts me enough to be herself with me.

As I was thinking of her while waiting for my men to bring in Chinks my personal cell phone buzzed. I didn't recognize the number but answered any ways. "Hello?"

" is this Aiden Marietta? " A female's voice asked.

"It is. Who wants to know?"

" This is Alice Butini. "

Confusion registered through me. I knew who she was. She was married to CJ, Mizery's brother. However I didn't think that I was going to like this call. "Why are you contacting me".

"Because I honesty don't know what else to do. I may be wrong but I believe that you care for Mizery in some form?"

This could be a tricky question so I answered without really answering. "I believe what goes on between I and Mizery is our business. I'm not up to discussing our personal life with other's" .

"Understandable but I think you're the only person that could help her. If my thoughts on your feelings for her is incorrect than I'm wasting my time".

Cutting her off I asked in a rush. "Is Mizery in trouble? Hurt?"

" to be honest Mizery is in a bad way. Something happened a few weeks ago and she hasn't been the same. I know you're aware of her issue's and no one here can help her. I feel that you're the only one".