Javier Escuella: Look Around

Javier Escuella X Female Reader

Word Count: 2149

Summary: The gang is crumbling and everyone knew it. Arthur had warned you about it and you decided that it was time to move on from the family you knew. You just hoped that the man you loved, Javier, would go with you...

You folded another item of clothing with a sorrowful sigh, torn about what you were doing. You were torn about doing what you knew you had to do and the family that made you want to do anything but that. But you knew that Arthur was right.

"It's going to hell and you can see that. This world isn't made for us anymore...you know that. If you stay you will go down with the rest of us and you don't deserve that. You are a good person and you can start again somewhere else...I'm not going to make you leave but I do think that you should get out of here while you still have a choice"

You kept replying Arthur's words in your head because you knew he was right. The gang was getting smaller and weaker. It felt like they were being torn apart. Dutch had...changed. He wasn't the same man that you had met when you first joined the gang. You knew Arthur was right, it was time to move on.

There was only one problem.

You hadn't told Javier that you were leaving. He had been on guard duty when you decided that you had to leave and he hadn't come back yet. You both been dating for a while now, you were both very serious about your relationship. You loved each other and you had a sinking feeling in your stomach that tonight would be the last time you saw him.

You continued to pack up your things, pausing when you picked up an old photo. You looked down at it with teary eyes. It was a photo of the gang when they were all still smiling, to the side of the photo you and Javier where standing with his arm wrapped proudly and affectionately around you. You missed those days...but it was time to move on and find joyful moments elsewhere even if it pained you to leave. You had seen too much pain among the gang and you refused to stay here and watch your family fall apart. It was time to leave. You tucked the photo away safely among your belongings.

By the time you were packing up the last of your things you heard somebody approaching you. "Hey, mi amor...what are you doing?" Javier's familiar voice asked, speaking slowly and carefully as he glanced at your packed up belongings.

"I'm packing my things" you told him quietly, like if you spoke quietly he wouldn't hear you and none of this would be real.

"...you're leaving?" he asked, furrowing his brow in confusion. He was tired from spending most of the day on guard duty and now he felt like he just walked into a living nightmare.

"Yes" you nodded, turning to face him and not knowing what else to say.

"Why?" Javier asked as he walked towards you, gently pulling you away from what you were doing.

"I was talking to Arthur-" you began to explain but he cut you off before you had the chance.

"Arthur? He told you to leave and you are listening to him? I am going to kill him" he scoffed, unable to believe what he was hearing as he turned around to search for Arthur.

"Javier, he didn't tell me to leave" you sighed, grabbing his wrist and gently pulling him back towards you.

"So why are you leaving?" he asked, looking down at you and you just wanted to shrink under his intense gaze.

"Look around Javi, things have changed so much. If we stay we are putting our lives in danger" you told him, but you knew that he already knew this deep down. Maybe he was just trying to deny it.