Dutch Van der Linde: Girl Meets Boy

Dutch Van der Linde & Teenage Daughter Reader (16/17)

Summary: you are Dutch's daughter and when a boy from the nearby town catches your attention, Dutch gets a little protective over you.

Word Count: 3200

You were in the nearby town with Dutch and Hosea. The gang had just moved to a new camp and the three of you went into town to check the place out, as well as to grab some things that they needed. You had to convince your father, Dutch, to take you into town with them. He could be a little overprotective.

The three of you walked into the gun store, Dutch and Hosea needed to grab some ammunition before returning to camp. The two men walked over to the store owner and started talking to him. You assumed that they were talking about weapons or ammunition but you weren't really interested in their conversation so you just started looking around.

You wandered over to the back of the shop, admiring some particularity ornate weapons that were kept inside a glass casing.

A young man stepped out from the back room, closing the door behind him. You hadn't even noticed him entering the room, too busy in your own thoughts. He glances around the store before his gaze landed on you, quietly watching you as you admired the more expensive weapons that they had for sale. He ignored the two men that his father was talking too and walked over to you instead.

"Is there anything I can help you with, miss?" the young man asked, getting your attention.

"Oh, no, thank you. I'm just looking, waiting for them to finish talking" you told him with a small smile, turning your attention to him. You were a little taken back by how attractive he was but you tried not to let it show.

He looked about your age and was taller than you, not as tall as Dutch though. His hair was neatly styled in a way that looked natural, he didn't have any facial hair, and his eyes seemed to sparkle. Maybe that was just in your mind but you definitely saw it. His smile was warm and welcoming, showing off his cute dimples.

The young man was about to shy away but managed to convince himself to keep talking to you.

"My name is Lewis, my father owns the store" he introduced himself, holding his hand out politely for you to shake.

"I'm Y/N, it's nice to meet you" you introduced yourself with a smile as you shook his hand.

"That's my favourite" Lewis blurted out a little as he pointed towards one of the guns in the glass case, but you smiled at the slight nervousness in his voice.

"I like that one too" you nodded and admired the handgun that he was pointing at. It was a revolver that had delicate carvings along the metal work and had a pearl grip.

Lewis took a moment to admire your side profile before speaking again. "You're here with those two men?" he asked, gesturing towards the men who were still speaking with his father.

"Yeah, the one with dark hair is my father" you nodded, noticing that neither Dutch or Hosea were paying any attention to you. It was probably for the best.

"I'm sorry but...I don't think I've seen any of you in town before" Lewis pointed out, his way of asking if you were new in town or something.

"You haven't, we've just moved here really" you told him with a small shrug, not going into any detail about why you moved here or were exactly you were staying.

"Well, if you ever need someone to show you around, it would be my pleasure" Lewis offered with a smile and a light blush on his cheeks.

"I'll remember that, thank you" you smiled back at him, definitely considering accepting his offer.