Andrew Milton: Bargaining Chip Part 5

Andrew Milton X Female Reader

Summary: An encounter between the Van der Linde gang and the Pinkerton detectives leads to some awkwardness that is difficult to explain.

Word Count: 2700

You sat in the camp, mindlessly cleaning your gun with a glass of whiskey sitting beside you. It was a quiet day in the camp and you always cherished those. But it wasn't long before the peace and quiet was interrupted.

"Hey, Dutch! We got a problem" Lenny called as he walked further into the camp, towards where Dutch was sitting. You sighed as you finished cleaning your gun, you quickly holstered it before turning around to see what Lenny was talking about. You held back a groan when you saw Agent Milton and Ross following Lenny into the camp, you thought that you told him to stay away.

"Not a problem...visitors...a solution. Good day fine people. Mr Van der Linde. Mr Matthews, I presume. Mr Morgan. Miss L/N" Agent Milton faked a politeness as he stopped walking, turning to John. "Who are you?" he asked.

The gang began to gather around, not liking the intruders in the camp. You joined the gang, joining the crowd around the two agents. You stood somewhere near Dutch and Arthur, a hard glare focused on Andrew.

"Rip Van Winkle" John lied smoothly.

"Huh...good day, sir" Milton nodded, clearly not believing him but not commenting about it. "Agent Milton, Pinkerton Detective Agency. Agent Ross" he introduced himself and his partner.

"Yeah...we've met, remember?" you asked, raising an eyebrow at him. It would be hard to miss the anger and frustration in your voice.

"Fondly" Andrew hummed but it only managed to make you more annoyed.

"And to what do we owe the pleasure...Agent Moron?" Dutch asked, knowing it was best to take control of the conversation. Dutch didn't blame you for having anger towards the agents, they did kidnap you after all.

"I don't know if you're aware but this...this is a civilised land now. We didn't kill all them savages only to allow the likes of you to act like human dignity and basic decency was outmoded or not yet invented" Milton spoke and you had to fight the urge to roll your eyes, you hated this side of him.

"Sure, we are a bunch of savages but kidnapping a woman...well, that is very civilised" you smiled, sarcastically sweet, and crossed your arms over your chest.

"You are no woman, miss" Agent Ross commented, making you shrug and smirk a little.

"Agent Ross...please" Milton sighed, holding a hand up to his partner as if to tell him to back off. "This thing...it's done" he announced as he turned his attention back to the gang.

"This place...ain't no such thing as civilised. It's man so in love with greed, he had forgotten himself and found only appetites" Dutch told the agents, who weren't buying it. Were you the only one who could see that this was a pointless argument? It wasn't like one of them was going to change their mind.

"And as a consequence that lets you take what you please, kill whom you please and hang the rest of us? Who made you the messiah to these lost souls you've led so horribly astray?" Agent Milton asked, obviously not wanting an answer.

"I'm nothing but a seeker, Mr Milton" Dutch shook his head.

"You ain't much of anything more than a killer, Mr Van der Linde. But I came to make a deal. It's time. You come with me...and I give the rest of ya three days to run off, disappear and go and live like human beings someplace else" Andrew encouraged but you could tell that the offer was mainly directed at you, you could tell from the way that he glanced at you when he said it.