Dutch Van der Linde: For the Best

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader

Summary: After a one night stand with Dutch you fall pregnant and Dutch decides that it would just be better if you left.

WARNINGS: Dutch is kinda terrible in this, sorry to all those Dutch lovers

Word Count: 3900

The gang were having a party in the camp. Normally you spend these parties with the other women or Arthur mostly, but tonight was different. You found your self sitting at a table with Dutch, sharing light conversation and drinks. The two of you had clearly been flirting all night.

You had both been physically attracted to each other for awhile but there was no real emotional connection. So, you knew that this would never become anything more than just one night.

Dutch had been laying the flirting on thick, complimenting you and making you laugh as he lay a hand on your thigh. It was obviously where you both wanted this night to go.

Dutch had lent over to you, tucking your hair behind your ear before whispering in your ear, a smirk on his lips. As the gang was settling down for the night, Dutch took your hand and the pair of you slipped into his tent.

As soon as the canvas was closed, Dutch's lips were on yours and his hands where glued to your body. Before you knew it, you were laying among the animal furs on Dutch's bed with Dutch laying over you.

Just like you had been expecting, you ended up in Dutch's tent that night, returning to your own before morning.

After that night, everything had gone back to normal. It wasn't awkward between you and Dutch, the pair of you could talk as usual as if it never happened in the first place. It was simply something that happened, you were adults and could move past it without it being uncomfortable.

-----

You hadn't really thought about that night with Dutch, it wasn't exactly your first one night stand so you didn't dwell on it. It was a one time thing so there was no reason to think about it again.

The only reason you were thinking about it now was because you had to face the consequences of that night. You weren't stupid, you knew exactly was had been making you sick recently but you took a trip into town to visit the doctor just in case. You needed the second opinion before you drove yourself crazy about it.

You were pregnant, that much was clear. It was Dutch's child, you knew that. He was the last man that you had been with, it could only be his baby.

You knew that you and Dutch would never work out in some sort of relationship but you didn't want that anyway, but you thought that you should tell him that you are pregnant. He deserved to know that you were carrying his child after all.

-----

It was a quiet evening at the camp but you couldn't relax even if you wanted too. You knew that Dutch was in his tent, you had been standing outside of it for the last minute. Trying to convince yourself to just go inside.

Nervously, you step into Dutch's tent. As the canvas fell closed behind you, Dutch looked up at you from his seat. He was sitting on a chair with a book in his hands.

"Y/N, can I help you?" Dutch asked with a smile, closing his book and placing it down on the table beside him.

"Um, no...I just need to talk to you about something" you told him, anxiously picking at your finger nails.

"It's important?" he asked, seeing your nervousness. Dutch stood from his chair and walked over to you, wondering why you seemed so hesitant to speak with him.