Josiah Trelawny: Little Tricks

Josiah Trelawny X Female Reader

Summary: Trelawny tries to impress the reader, who he has a crush on, with some magic.

Word Count: 1380

Josiah Trelawny had been staying in the camp with the van der Linde gang, he was going to stay low for a while but he had his sights set on a certain women. You. As soon as he arrived in camp he had his eye on you and was trying to think of way to get your attention, a way to possibly impress you.

"Ah, good morning, Miss L/N" Trelawny smiled as he approached you.

You looked up at him and smiled softly, you were sitting on a blanket and reading a book as you distracted yourself from the chaos of camp. "Good Morning, Mr Trelawny" you greeted him back politely. You hadn't spoken to the man much in the past but he did interest you, he wasn't like the other men in camp.

"You look lovely today, my dear. As pretty as a picture actually" he complimented, making you blush lightly but you shrugged it off. Despite not having spoke to him much, whenever Trelawny spoke to you, it was like this.

"Thank you, Mr Trelawny" you smiled, looking down as you climbed to your feet.

"You're welcome, Miss....pretty as a picture, but...oh...oh my lord. What's in your book?" Josiah asked dramatically as he took the book out of your hands while you stood in front of him in confusion. He faked a gasp as he opened the book and a bird flew away from the pages.

You watched with widened eyes and a smile, you hadn't seen anything quite like that before. The bird was small and had vibrant blue and green feathers, you watched it as it flew way before turning back to the man who was smiling at you. "You are really something else, Mr Trelawny" you laughed as you shook your head.

"Please, call me Josiah" he smiled as he handed you your book back, you took the book from him with a smile. "I shall see you later, my dear" Josiah nodded politely at you before blowing you a kiss and beginning to walk away.

"Will you not tell me how you did that?" you asked, making him turn back to you with a smile.

"Now, I can't tell you all of my secrets, can I?" Trelawny sent you a quick wink before turning again and walking away. You smiled to yourself before returning to your seat with your book, yes, this man was unlike any man you had met before.

-----

You were towards the centre of the camp, speaking with Karen about nothing too important. "I think somebody is trying to get your attention" Karen teased as she glanced over your shoulder. You looked at her with a confused expression before turning around to see whatever she was talking about. You smiled when you saw Josiah walking towards you.

"Ah, Miss L/N-" he began but you politely interrupted him.

"Call me Y/N, just Y/N" you smiled while Karen chuckled to herself and walked away.

"Very well, Y/N" Josiah smiled, testing your name on his tongue and liking it a lot. "I was wondering if you could help me with something" he told you.

"Of course, Josiah. What is it?" you asked, happy to help him with whatever he needed.

"Well, there was something that I wanted to give you but I can't seem to find it" he admitted, sighing in defeat. His act was almost convincing but you knew that something was going on with him, like he was lying.

"Oh. Well, that's very kind of you. What was it?" you asked, your head tilting to the side in curiosity.

"Hold on, my dear, what do you have there?" Josiah asked, his eyes widening in mock shock as he reached his hand out toward your hair. You didn't even attempt to move away from him but you did watch him carefully.

A large smile appeared on Josiah's face as he seemingly pulled a red rose from out behind you ear. "You had it all along, my dear" he smiled as he held the rose out to you.

"I won't fall for your little tricks" you smiled, teasing him a little as you took the rose from him.

"There are no tricks. However, I must call you out for your lies. You like my 'little tricks', they make you smile" Trelawny pointed out and you knew that he was right, which just made you smile more.

"Alright, they make me smile. It is rather charming" you admitted, feeling your cheeks heat up slightly.

"And as long as they keep making you smile, I am going keep doing it" Josiah smiled at you, tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear. You smiled even harder as you ducked your head, refusing to avoid his gaze.

"I think I'm okay with that" you smiled as he tilted your chin up to look at him in the eyes.

Josiah looked at you for a moment before smiling and dropping his hand back to his side. "I will see you later, Y/N" he smiled, nodding once politely before turning around and walking away.

You smiled to yourself and turned around, jumping slightly when you saw Karen standing behind you with a smirk on her face. "He's a bloody Devil" Karen chuckled to herself as she shook her head.

"He's a kind devil" you smiled, shaking your head at her. Karen just smiled as she took your arm and you both walked towards the campfire.

-----

"Ah, Miss Y/N, there you are. I've been looking everywhere for you" Trelawny smiled as he walked towards you. You smiled as you stepped away from the table you were at, walking over to Josiah. "Now, what is this?" he asked as he reached towards you and you knew that he was going perform one of those little tricks of his.

"No, not this time" you laughed as you grabbed his hand before he could do whatever he was about to do. "Normally I enjoy your little tricks but how about we have a conversation without making a bird or a flower magically appear" you smiled, walking with him towards a more quiet part of the camp.

"I'm sure that I can manage that" he nodded, trying to play off his surprise and seem like you hadn't just completely thrown him off balance.

"How long does it take you to learn those tricks of yours?" you asked, glancing up at him with a small smile.

"I've been practising for a long time, it's not something that you learn in a day" Trelawny explained, smiling at you for a second before glancing away from you.

"I thought so, but perhaps you could teach me one of them" you suggested as you both disappeared behind a wagon on the outskirts of the camp.

"Certainly, it would be my pleasure" Josiah smiled as you both stopped walking and turned to face each other. "Actually, I could teach you one now" he shrugged, waiting to see your reaction.

"Sure" you nodded.

"Alright, very well...close your eyes" he ordered gently. You nodded before closing your eyes, not knowing exactly where this was going but you were happy to find out.

You waited patiently and it wasn't long before you felt Josiah's hand tucking your hair behind your ear and cupping your cheek in his hand. You were about to open your eyes and ask him what he was doing but all thoughts escaped your mind when you felt his lips press against yours, so gently that you thought he would pull away any second. But you began to kiss him back and that gave him a little more confidence. He had been pretty sure that you returned his feelings and had finally decided to take the risk and do something about it.

You smiled against his lips as you cupped his face in your hands, while Josiah wrapped his other arm around your waist. You both pulled away from each other and rested your foreheads together. "I think I like that trick" you laughed, deciding to break the silence.

"It's one of my favourites" Josiah nodded along, both of you laughing together.

Requests?