Andrew Milton: Bargaining Chip Part 2

Andrew Milton X Female Reader

Summary: you meet again, by chance of course

Word Count: 2400

You walked away from the Fence, having just sold some ill-gotten goods that Dutch had asked you to sell for him, and walked back towards the town. Dutch usually sent you on these jobs since you always managed to get a better price than the others good, without threatening anyone of course. You headed over to your horse, ready to get back to the camp for the day. However, your plans were soon interrupted when you heard somebody say your name.

"Miss L/N!" a familiar voice called from behind you. You knew that voice and you didn't plan on stopping for him. He called your name again but this time he sounded closer. You huffed and turned around to face him, stopping suddenly and causing him to almost bump right into you.

"How can I help you...Agent Moron, that's what Dutch called you, right?" you asked as you looked at Agent Milton, the man who had held you hostage only weeks ago.

"That he did but I thought you were far too clever to use such childish attempts for insults" the agent nodded, standing a few feet in front of you.

"Flattery will get you nowhere, neither will insulting my friend" you warned him, shaking your head.

"You think that Dutch Van der Linde is your friend? When will you all see that he is using you. He is putting you in danger. A good leader should sacrifice himself for the good of those he cares about but he won't do that" Milton told you. You wanted to laugh in his face, who was he to tell you about your own family?

"We won't let him do that. We know what we have gotten ourselves into, we know that we are in danger but we are a family. How many times must we tell you this?" you asked, getting frustrated with him. This man wasn't going to change your mind. "Where is your friend anyway? Y'know, the other agent. Ross, isn't it?" you asked, wondering why the other man wasn't following Milton like usual.

"Technically I am off duty" Milton informed you with a small nod.

"And you decide to spend your free time in a place like this? I'm beginning to think that you are stalking me, Mr Milton" you laughed quietly to yourself, you really go into his head, didn't you?

"I told you to call me Andrew" he reminded you. You really weren't sure whether he was trying to build a rapport with you, lull you into a false sense of security, or whether he genuinely wanted to speak with you.

"Careful, Andrew, people might get the wrong idea" you warning him with a smirk.

"And what would that be?" Milton asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

"That you are sweet on me. And we wouldn't want people to think that, would we?" you asked with another small laugh. You didn't miss the way that Andrew adverted your gaze or the way that his cheeks turned a very light shade of pink, the whole thing made you smirk a little. "So, are you going to kidnap me again?" you asked with a sigh, figuring that this was the only way this conversation was going to go.

"I'm not here to arrest you, Miss L/N. This meeting was purely accidental, but I think that we can make the best out of it" he smiled slightly. The truth was that Andrew was just wandering the town, having heard some talk about members of the Van der Linde gang visiting. When he saw you walking around on your own, he just had to approach you. He wouldn't admit it, of course, but he hadn't really been able to get you off of his mind.

"And how do you suggest we do that?" you asked, raising an eyebrow at him curiously. You had a feeling that this was going to be an eventful day.

"Come and have a drink with me, I'll pay of course" Andrew suggested, gesturing towards the saloon.