Dutch Van der Linde: Having my Baby

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader

Summary: You realise that you are pregnant with Dutch's child. As soon as you tell him about the pregnancy, Dutch becomes protective and softer towards you. You weren't complaining.

Word Count: 1700

You and Dutch had been together for a while now, and the two of you were happy together. You knew that Dutch loved you, he told you often enough. However, you couldn't say that you thought you were his number one priority most of the time.

Sometimes he would get so busy with the gang that it was like he forgot you existed. You wouldn't say that he was neglectful towards you, sometimes it just seemed like he didn't have the time for you. You understood that he could get stressed out but that didn't always make it easier to deal with.

Yet, you loved Dutch and he was always loyal to you even when he was preoccupied so you never intended on leaving him.

-----

You weren't stupid, you knew the signs. You were throwing up everyday, at first you thought you had ate something bad but now you know that isn't true. Then you realised that you were late, your period was late by about two weeks, you knew that there was only one explanation.

You were pregnant and you didn't know what to tell Dutch. You knew that he wouldn't get mad or anything like that, you knew that you had nothing to fear. However, there was one thing that you were worried about. Sometimes Dutch barely had time for you, would he even have time to be involved in your child's life?

Pacing back and forth in your tent that you share with Dutch, you tried to plan how you would tell him that you are having his child. God, why were you so nervous about this?

You turned to face the entrance of the tent when you heard the canvas open and close. "Y/N, are you alright?" Dutch asked as he stepped into the tent.

"Yeah, I'm fine" you smiled as Dutch walked towards you. "Actually, I wanted to talk to you, I have to tell you something" you explained with a small sigh. Now was a good a time as anyway.

"Ah, and I would love to talk to you about it but can we do this later?" Dutch asked as he walked past you, grabbing his coat off of the back of the chair. 

"Are you serious?" you asked watching him as he pulled his coat on and walked towards the exit of the tent again. 

"I'm sorry, love, I'll be back soon" he assured you. He held your shoulders gently, planting a kiss on your forehead before turning away from you. You opened your mouth to talk but Dutch had already left the tent and the canvas had closed again.

You stood in the centre of the tent, staring at the closed canvas, with your mouth slightly agape. Part of you couldn't believe that Dutch just left like that, another part of you wasn't surprised at all.

-----

Since Dutch just ran out on you, you waited for him to return. You were now a little annoyed with Dutch but tried to remind yourself that he didn't know, you could tell him when he got back. 

Eventually Dutch rode back into the camp and returned to the tent, slipping his coat off and throwing it over the back of a wooden chair. 

"Hi" you smiled, hoping that he would be in the mood to talk, that he wasn't too tired, or that he wouldn't brush you off again.

"Hey, love" Dutch smiled as he wrapped his arms around your waist. You were a little relieved as you wrapped your arms around his neck. Sometimes Dutch could do things to irritate you but he always came through in the end. He lent down and pressed a light kiss to your lips before pulling away.