Chapter 1

I parked my car in the parking space with 100 or more cars. I thanked the owner for building such an enormous parking space because I didn't have to struggle a bit in finding a suitable place for my car.

My excitement over my first official job was as same as my nervousness. I had worked in an NGO for more than a year but, now, this was gonna be my first paid job and I'd get a chance to come through a lot of new people.

The reason I got this job is the kind-hearted founder of that NGO, who recommended my resume to the Mikealson's corporation. Partly the founder, and partly my excellent qualifications were the reason that led me to get a dream job without any interview, irrespective of my profile pic, which I find ugly and nerdy.

But I'm proud, too. Mikealsons was not just any company, it was very well, recognize organization I've heard so many times. And his boss was Greek God, to young to be handling a company.

I get off from my car, slammed the door behind me, and smooth my dress to remove any wrinkles. Before going in, I check myself in the rearview mirror. My hair was perfectly tied into a pony; face decorated with a small amount of highlighter over the foundation and my lips were painted with lip- gloss.

Formal look, check!

Last but not least, my white teeth which were now braced free. I got rid of it last month. It took some time to adjust with the feeling but it was a relief now to not have them.

With my purse under my arm, I confidently walked toward the building which was in front of the parking lot.

The office was a 30 or more story skyscraper and I can see the reflection of the whole Brooklyn that was falling on its glass. At the top, Mikealson logo was planted in bold letters, announcing it's ownership over the building.

The sensor doors opened and a high lobby came into my view.

It was so brightly lit with hundreds of light planted on the ceiling that I had to adjust my glass and squint my eyes.

At my left corner, expensive leather couches were placed with a big rectangular glass table in its center. Bunch of men and women sat, most of them holding a binder, looking nervous. I could tell they were for an interview.

I thanked again, the founder of the NGO saving from an interview.

The woman at the reception looked around my age was sitting at the other side of the table and was working on her laptop.

I approached her, feeling nervous as I searched my bag for the appointed letter I received via email.

"How can I help you?" She politely asked. I immediately read the name which was scribbled in a small batch tucked onto her shirt.

Crystal Jones.

"I am Caroline Forbes and I've been appointed as the PR manager of Mikealson Corp." I introduced myself while handing over the letter I'd printed

The receptionist, Crystal Jones eyed my features from top to bottom. That look when people who think they look smarter just because they don't wear glasses and braces.

But her expression darkened. She had an unbelievable look. Is there something seriously wrong with me?

"What?" I finally snapped her thoughts. " Is something wrong with me?"

"No.. actually I was... Nevermind. Let me check the letter." I knew she was definitely about to say something but stopped in Midway.

I decided to ignore it and looked around and saw a small corridor which led to various cabins.