Chapter 65

"So what do you wanted to talk?" I ask Edward blake as we occupy one of the seats in Starbucks. The place is crowded so I'm satisfied with my choice of the place. "Let's just get over with this!"

"So what do you like?" He questions l, making me confuse.

"Sorry?" I look at him, a little annoyed actually.

Edward, instead of saying something tilt to me, then pulls off my glasses and begins to inspect them.

"Do you see any better now? We are at Starbucks. Surely I'm asking you what kind of beverage you prefer? Looks like your specs are a waste of money!"

I snatch back my thing from his hand. "You are not funny. I want nothing."

"Well, I would like to have a latte."
He states.

"You know I have so much better work to do." I growl. "So talk."

"Fine, " he finally says, crossing his arms and adjusted in his chair. "I want you to work for me."

I let out a shocking noise." Sorry, what?"

"You heard me clearly."

"Clearly," I scoff. "And now I think I should just leave. You're officially insane."

"You think you got here yourself. I brought you here. What makes you think you can leave without my permission." He looks behind my shoulder, and I follow his gaze when he signals someone who immediately starts to whisper at the people in the cafe. I recognise his as the same guy in the bike who stole my keys back on the road.

A small hustle starts to appear in the vicinity, making it creepier. I knew I should leave before things don't work on my favor.

"You can't leave unless we finish talking."

I twitch my lips at him. "Watch me!" And I get up and notice a bizarre thing happening. In seconds, the whole Starbucks empties, leaving me bewildered. "How did you do it?"

"You know!"

"No, seriously how did you do it?" I question him again and he just never gives me the answer.

"You better sit down. It's now just us. And pretty sure you know what I'm capable of doing."

"You're insane. That's clear at least." I tell him. "I don't want to work with you."

"Why?"

"Because you are bad. You tried to kill two people. One of them was me and the other one was your brother."

"I told you my hands are clean but I do want to take down my brother in business, not his life. After all, we are family."

"You are a bad liar. And why the hell you want me to work for you?"

"I happen to find taht you're close to my brothers, both Klaus and Kol. So I thought we could bond. Bond enough to bonds us all."

"Do you even hear yourself? You sound stupid and crazy. Klaus Mikealson is my boss and Kol, he's nice to me." I seriously have no idea where all of this is going. It hasn't been three months and here I'm stuck between something so bad and dangerous.

I can't believe my bad luck. It's just rubbish. So fucking rubbish.

"Oh come on, Caroline. What's harm is in that? You have to do a few things for me and in return, you can have whatever you wish for. Anything!" He carefully and sweetly worded.

"Can you leave me alone because I want nothing to do with you or your freaking family?" I spat.

He smirks as this bastard has no effect of my words. He is just the way he is. Just how I believed from the past few weeks.

"Okay, how about you tell me some business secrets of your boss? Just one and you get your wish! I'll leave you alone."

So, here it is. His main aim.

"I'm leaving, like now!" Disgust was written all over my face. And without thinking of the consequences, my feet are already advancing toward the door. I know he's gonna catch me up soon but I'm not stopping. Let him.

He has no bloody idea of how fucked up my life already is. He can't make worse, can he?

Just I had assumed, my way was blocked. Not by him but the same guy who has the ability to appear at the correct time.

"You cannot leave unless sir states."

"Let me go!" I snarl.

He stood rigid so I just ignore him and reach for the door. The guy catches my wrist to stop me.

"Keep your hands off her!" Edward shouts. His voice is nearing with each syllable so I know he is not far away.

As instructed, the guy let go of my hand in a second.

"Why me?" I turn to look at him.

"You know the answer."

"No, I don't. "

"You know Caroline. Think about it. " he pushes. And I can come up with nothing. "Fine, your thick skull is too thick to realize why. But first, tell me a few things. Did you like spending time with Klaus? How does he treat you anyway? Do you feel special?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

He grunts. "So dumb. I can't believe out of all girls, he's into you."

"What the hell are you talking about, for God's sake Edward?"

"Klaus Mikealson is fucking in love with you!"