Chapter 7

I emptied the coffee cup in few second as it was no longer hot because my mind was already caught in curiousness to know more about Mikealson's history.

"The eldest son, Niklaus Mikealson was barely 17 when the scandal took place." Bonnie continues. "At a very young age, he takeover the company to revive it, again. For the next six years, he dedicated half of his time to his father's company and another half of the time to acquire a degree from Harvard. Within a short span of time, The Mikealsons corporation reached its glory. A small web designing company entered into several joint ventures."

I uplifted my lips at the massive success billionaire story. I've heard quite a few of them. The success story of KFC was one of the famous ones.

Bonnie's hand rested down on the table, quietly. With another long breath, she goes on with further details. "Mikealsons corporation now holds the maximum number of joint ventures. It was Klaus' idea to expand the business by entering into a joint venture with various companies. Proposing deals to companies was heterogeneous and...."

"Okay enough of the Mikealsons history. I don't think It'll ever end. Did you know I was unaware about job when we spoke in my cabin."

Bonnie pressed her lips in thin line in slight guilt. “I thought you knew well."

"No I didn't." 

"I'm sorry then."

"You shouldn't be sorry. You know I was dreaming to become the head of the PR one day." I said. "Now its making me laugh how stupid I am."

She chuckled. "No you're not. You know I've never been friends with any PRs before."

"Really?"

"Yeah, Klaus hires random girls, someone he knows well and thier first impression always sucked to me. Communicating them was cringiest. They thought so high of themselves just because they sleep with him."

My eyes were poking out as the apprehension. Not that I was judging but I wasn't expecting that. "Sleeping with boss?"

"As genius as Klaus is on paper, he is empirical to his life. Just like his father, he inherited his few habits, like getting high with their secretaries, not all of them."

The bell tolled inside my mind as everything started to clear in front of my eyes. I guess that was why Rose was seducing him to get my job.

"So basically PRs are his personal mistress!" I concluded, regretting for name calling the women I know nothing about.

"Klaus is a flirty. But still, maybe, maybe not. I mean he did slept with one or two. It could be rumors too, ir just plain truth. We can't rely completely on it."

"I think I should stop thinking about any of this. None of this is my business, right?"

"Just follow your work. " she agreed. "Anyways, we should get going. The time is almost over!"

She pointed and I swam out off the pool of thoughts I was drowning in.

"Yeah! Sure!" I said and grab my purse to pay for my lunch but turned out she already paid when I was wandering.

So I bought a box of donuts for me and Bonnie to eat them later at the office in our spared time. I still hadn't submitted the report yet but I now I could do my work with clarity. Things were well explained. Thanks to bonnie.

We reached the building and as soon as we face Crsytal who was talking to someone at the desk, Bonnie stole a glance, her look wavering. I didn't question and we entered the elevator, stopping at the top floor.

She was silent the whole time which was weird to me as Bonnie could go on taking for hours without a break when she was not working in computer.

I was ready to part to ways she when she rounded into the corner, stopping us. "I'm sorry I lied. Of course I knew you were missing a puzzle about your job and I went on with it on purpose."

I had no idea what she was saying.
She added further. "I was purposely trying to keep you in dark hoping you'd commit a mistake and kind of lose your job as boss' favourite routine is to fire people."

I still didn't get where she was going with this.

"So why did you lied?"

She swallowed thickly and muttered.
"I lied because of crystal!"