Chapter 77

"How many times does it take to get into the thick skull of yours?" He began and I know where exactly he is going. "Do you have any idea what you did?"

"I'm—,"

"Shut up!" He growls. "If you want to act like this then I insist you get out of my  company and do whatever you want afterward." 

His statement shook me to the core. He just told me to fuck off? " Sir I was—"

"You were doing nothing but getting me on edge. How dare you leave my office without any assistance after I clearly instructed you not to"

"It was important!" I say but he shortly cuts me.

"You could have asked me."

"I couldn't. You were with Roseline."

"Then I would have you assisted with someone."

"Chill brother," Rebekah arrived at the precise time. "She was with me and I'm with my driver slash bodyguard. Hashtag both blondes safe."

"That wasn't what I was talking to her." He tells her.

"I heard," his sister states, "and she was not feeling well and you were too busy with your girlfriend. If I were your secretary, then I wouldn't have also disturbed you and had come home."

Boss exaggerated at both of us. "Is your shopping done?"

Rebekah nodded and then turned me. "But we have to go to the salon. It's already 6:45 and the party is in an hour. We'll arrive at the venue directly."

"Call your makeup artist at home." Boss pressed, emphasizing the word home.

Rebekah rolls her eyes. "C'mon brother! We talked about it. I stay with your bodyguard only if I'm allowed to go to the places I want to. I'm safe and so does her."

Rebekah finalized without waiting for his reply. She just signals me to follow her when the boss whispered, "fine!"

I followed her to the car sticking side by side and I thank her for saving me from the situation.

"No worries. I know you are overwhelmed by the amount of attention you've drawn just because you stick by my brother's side."

I smile. "So, I'm luckier."

"No, you're loyal." She appreciates. "But when it comes to Nik, don't piss him off by disobeying his orders. He hates it."

"I know. I've been under his wrath a couple of times."

"And you still went with that anyway. If you keep doing it, then soon you'll be out of his kind grace." She tells me and I make a face in agreement.  I'm always amused at him to some extent. He's so familiar and yet he surprises me in ways no one ever did.

We arrive at the Salon where two stylists separately start our makeover. They began with manicure and pedicure. It felt so royal and rich to be here as I don't spend much on these. I've been to a couple of parties and I have my own things to do makeup. Selena is good at fixing my makeup.

They finished with our glam makeup in more than an hour. It was so tiring to sit in the same position for so long.

I am ready while another stylist is adjusting Rebekah's dress. I went for my heels to finish the look when Rebekah's phone ring on the countertop of the mirror table.

"Who's it, Caroline?"

Since I was closer, Rebekah requested me to take a look at the screen. I move forward and pick up the phone which was ringing with an unknown number.