Chapter 76

I blink several times, trying to process what I just discovered. My happiness has no bound right now. I flip from one page to another, only overviewing it. Not just that, there was a pocket at the end which had my photos.

I sit on the floor, scattering the file and looking at the photos of mine in several different scenarios. Even I can't tell when these had been taken. They are not old I'm wearing my new pair of spectacles. But most of them belong to my time in the NGO and the background confirms that well.
And also, I dress so conservatively whenever I'm volunteering for charity or events for them.

If I had seen them months ago I might have found that creepy stalker thing but my reaction is exciting and I'm going crazy over this.

I pack back all the photographs and decide to click the information that has about me on the pages as it will take me so much time to read all of it right now without someone noticing my presence here.

Since I have to switch off the light for my camera to work with a flashlight, it takes a lot of time to flip page over page and accurately capture the whole content in my camera. As soon as I'm done, I keep it back and head for the exit. Till now everything is safe and sound.

I open the door after sticking my ear on them to hear if anyone's near or not and only when it seems that the way is clear, I walk out of room pretending I never went there.

Feeling delighted at my victory I walk toward my room to fetch my laptop and attach my phone to read the information on the big screen because there were few things that had caught my attention but I couldn't see much due to lack of proper lights.

"Caroline!" Someone shouts for me when I reach for my room. I dramatically turn to see it is. How did I forget no one was supposed to see me as I should have been at my work.

Rebekah walks toward me when I turn. She has one pair of new-looking men's shoes in her hand. Men shoes? "I didn't know you were back home. Why didn't you answer my calls? I called like five minutes ago."

I remember getting one. It was hers then.

"Oh!" I act to be an oblivious girl. "My phone was in silent mode. How did you even get my number?"

"I asked Kol. Anyway how come you are here?"

"Well, I wasn't feeling very good." I lie.

"Oh really!" Her face turns into a sad one. "I thought we could go shopping. You know tonight we are having a party. You are coming too, aren't you?"

"I guess if I'm invited. But why are you carrying these men's shoes?"

"Oops, I forgot." She says then turn arounds. "Follow me, will you?"

I do as I was told while she continued talking. "These are for Nik. I chose the dress for him actually." She reaches the exact room where I was a while ago. My heart beats even faster.
She unlocks it, then switches on the lights. "I forgot to bring the shoes when I got those in the room."

She pointed toward the tuxedo on the bed which I'm pretty sure wasn't there when I came in. So it was she who came while I hid in the bathroom and luckily found the keys.

Keys! Holy crap! I never put them back in their places. Horror-struck, I roll my eyes to the cupboard which obviously has the keys on. Maybe I'm not caught redhanded but it would be clear that someone did come to his room and the only outsider right now is me. So the ultimate suspect would be me.

It took my whole strength to not freak out in front of Rebekah as she kept blabbering about something I have no idea about. My mind is racing for any idea to overcome this problem.