Chapter 87

"You think this is gonna work?" I ask him, waiting in the same diner we came only to have a snack. Klaus suggested taking help from my uncle that I found pretty convincing.

I had dialed him, requested to come alone. It has been less than five minutes and all I can think if this is gonna really work as if I remember clearly, my uncle hated my place of job.

And he has every reason to!

"We can only hope." He tells me. "There is no assurance."

"But that's the only plan we have. If it didn't work out then you have to let Rose go. Give her protection as long as you can."

"We'll see about that." He bites his lower lip as I continue to watch him and then silence prevails.

My memory was taking a rewind at our dynamic. If I told my story to someone, no one would believe how things have changed between us. I had so many things to ask but there was one question on top of the list.

"Why did you have a detailed file on me?" I watch him blink his eyes in surprise. My question must have caught him off guard.

He wiped his lips with his tongue and looked intently at me.  I knew he was gonna answer me.

"I already told you it was for job purpose."

"Just job purpose." I also knew he started telling me with a lie.

Seeing my set eyes at him, he readjusted himself. "Fine. It was more than for job. I was curious. About you. About your striking resemblance with Thea and for sometime, mistook you her sister. You were working at my NGO and I was suspecting you to be another pawn of Edward. So I decided to cross check your details."

"And you learnt about my identity."

"Yes and by the time I learned that you and Thea are no one to each other, I couldnt keep you off my mind."

The winds chimes jingle as the door opens and I see Mr. Castor emerging inside, putting an end to our discussion.  He is wearing his business suit which gave trails of a surprise to the owner as barely someone with that status steps in their poorly furnished diner.

Mr. Castor's eyes search for us until he located us. I wave him, gesturing him to come to us.

After he reached us, I could see the disdain on his face. He wasn't happy to be here. I forgot his taste matches exactly like Klaus.

"I didn't know you have a knack for these kinds of places" My uncle runs a scan around.

"You never know," Klaus answers. "When could things change."

"Right!" He chuckles. "Good to see you, Miss Forbes. I was kind of worried you weren't showing up at the office? Is everything good?"

"Yes. And we can skip the formality part." I tell him. "He knows. He knows about us!"

He muses. "Very well. Should I be concern about how he knows?"

"Oh come on. You wound my capabilities." Klaus interjected. "I'm the CEO of my father's company and knowing this kind of information is a piece of cake."

"Formalities skipped." My uncle sighs.  "Let's talk about business then. What am I really doing here?"

"We need your help." I began to explain. "A little off the book help."

"Go on."

"I remember the conversation you and Kla—boss had at the beginning of the year. You told him you've worked for Edward Blake and you two had quite the history—"