Chapter 70

"I'm sorry, mom!" I tell her as is going bonkers over my resignation which didn't happen. I haven't told her that part.

"Caroline, if you are not resigning, we will move out of this place." She threatened. Just because of my mr. Uncle cleared out our loan doesn't mean I'm gonna give up everything.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Do you know how senseless it sounds." I cross my arms. "And where do you think we will go?"

"Anywhere, but far away from this insanity."

"We can't afford that, especially not after I quit my job."

"We have someone who could help us move away "

"Okay stop that." She was started getting on my nerves. "I mean my whole life, you never ever talked about dad and now all of a sudden his brother, aka my uncle shows up and you started to consider him the part of our family. Really? We don't even know him well."

"You work with him. How can you not know him?"

I clarify. "I work with Niklaus Mikealson. Ugh, I work for him, not with him."

"But Albert is much better than him. He kept a watch on you right from the beginning. He even canceled the deal with the insane brother and joined the less insane one to be near you "

I am not going to give up, not yet so continue back answering her. "Did he told you that he actually increased the tension because of his switching between two brothers. Who asked him to do that? And not just that, he even has someone stalk me. Who the hell he think he is?"

"What after your father did to ruin his life, I'm happy we have someone I can rely on out of all people I know."

"Rubbish! Don't forget that uncle is not a clean slate. He is still involved in those kinds of activities and that makes him worse. We should stay away from him.

"Just for your information that whatever you say doesn't matter to me. You can convince anyone but not me."

"You cannot make my decision," I yell.

"Oh hell, I'm making it. You just watch because I'm going tomorrow at your work to finish what you should have done."

I huffed in exasperation. There is a limit to everything but my overprotective mom is going nuts.

Angrily, we both stare at each other for so goddammed awkward time. I expected I was good at eye thing but there wasn't any good response. So I snorted and went toward my room thinking maybe she would stop me and talk some sense but it was nothing. She never came as I heard her doing dishes.

For another hour or so,  I really forgot about the banter we had and I was engrossed in a magazine. Someone rings the bell to our home and desperately I go out to see the person. I have realized that my creepy uncle has been visiting to fill my mom up about every detail he could muster about me.

I was long away from the door and Mom had already gone down to receive him. Oh, I'm eagerly waiting to have a face to face chat about boundaries and how I don't find his presence welcome. He keeps tabs on me for god sakes.

They climb up and I was ready to attack him with my words but put a stop to my mouth when I see the person is Klaus, my boss.
Behind her, my mom is making unpleasant faces. It would be either hilarious or hell-wrecking when I will tell her how I feel about the person she isn't fond of.

As both of them approach me, I curse my self for wearing pajamas and an olive-colored high neck sweater.

"Good morning, no, it's evening. Good evening, sir!" I gesture him to the couch where I was previously sat and had an oral fight with mom.

He sits down as I rush to the kitchen to get him something to drink. My stomach is full of butterflies. I'm so happy to see him here. After our talk in the office, he asked me to take another few days off because, according to him, I still don't look fully recovered. I agreed so I can use these days to convince my mom to not get me to resign.

"We haven't met, have me?" Boss says first. Mom look at him, unsure if she really wants to talk to him. I roll my eyes.

"I saw you the next day after the attack," She replies after a long pause.

"I wouldn't consider it even a meet. It was just—I don't know, everyone was worried."

"Yeah, I was. My daughter was missing. It felt like I lost a part of me." She said and I can feel the hint of harshness in her voice.

"That is why I was thinking we could work together for the safety of you two."

I was suspicious of what he is going to say. I'd assumed that he already gave up the idea of us living under his roof for an appropriate amount of time, but he is actually here to talk about that.

"Why not!" Hearing her answer in an agreement made me surprise. I bring his coffee and gently place it on the table. "You can sign on her resignation letter and we will be far away from all of this."

Horrorstruck, I eye at my mom who does not even look back. However, I felt my boss's eyes on me.

"I'm sorry?" Boss says when I turn my head to look at him. He was asking my mother in confusion.

"Caroline was supposed to resign today and yet she returned without cutting her ties off from her work." She explains and no doubt my boss was super shocked this time and I look at him as he stares back.

--------

VOTE AND COMMENT!!