Chapter 55

I look at Edward with my frowned eyes as I struggle. He stared back right into mine, without any hesitation and held me at spot not wanting to set my hand free.

"You'll regret!" He spoke. My anger was briming with his audacity. I get it he was some money loaded freak but he was crossing a line.

I opened my mouth to spat words at him but boss overshadowed me. I had not realized he had backpedaled, standing next to me, holding my other hand.

"Leave her hand, Edward or I swear to God I'll forget about the media and will kill you right away." Boss threatened him in bad temper. I again try to take my hand away from Edward but god forbid me if a man with ego as big as him ever let a woman walk away at her own will.

"Cool brother, Cool!" He flickered his eyes at boss and released my hand. I quickly moved my hand back as if I was sure he would catch it again. My skin at that particular place has reddened.

"You'll regret," he repeated his nonsensical bullshit. "But you don't have much time left to regret."

His bullshut and downright threats never stop. I studied his expression and they were just dark, blacker than any thing had scared me.

I couldn't comprehend if he was bluffing or serious. He wouldn't go beyond to killing anyone, or would he?

The conversation of us where he threatened me made my blood boil and teeth clench.

I took a step ahead, only to be blocked by my boss who has some kind of complex from me defending myself without anyone needing.

"Stay away from her." He growled, making me look at him. At that point, I found him attractive, insanely attractive. He had a pull that tempted me sometimes despite the fact he had many faces and I disliked most of them.

I could have admire him a little more if he'd let me speak for myself.

Still holding my hand, he took me away to our car and I silently followed. My senses were all over the place and I looked back at Edward and through the transparent glass, who hadn't moved from his spot.

He looked back with a smirk and he was waving me goodbye meanwhile.
I swallowed again but the lump seemed to be too stuck in my throat.

We reached the car and I immediately withdrew my hand from my boss. My sudden behavior made him turn and he looked at me, straight at my face.

"You don't have to defend me. I'm capable of doing that myself." I was beyond infuriated so I snapped, forgetting that the person in front of me was my boss. I wouldn't have dare to do that but sometimes I felt I was even his employer. He had been causal with me a lot of times, joking about the women he had been with. He didn't disrespect them much to my surprise but he wasn't very polite about it either. I would still call him an asshole in mind as I assist him at work.

He scoffed like he heard a joke.
"You're pathetic and weak and you whine like a—!"

I frowned, parting my lips in shock at his choice of words. "Don't you dare finish it."

He continued, cutting me off. "I bet you said nothing when he tried to threaten you." He was looking at me like hawk. "And after that, you had the nerve to hide all of it from me."

"I was shocked." I said, toning down my voice. "It's not like I'm used to people saying hello at beginning of the conversation and finishing it of with a threat." 

"You could have told me either way. Have you any idea what problem you could get into?" He shouted.

I still had the urgue to shout. "Do you have any idea how many times I have been in problems because of you?" As soon as those words left my mouth, I regreted. Boss looked confused, then recovered fast and stepped a little closer to me.