Chapter 80

I dial his number while rushing down the stairs but he isn't picking up. I was so occupied in my way to reach faster that I stumbled on mid stairs.

I had to hold the railing to prevent myself from falling. My memory flashes back and I am reminded Klaus held me yesterday from falling. My stupid hangover had forgotten so many other things that happened last night.

I screamed at him. I blamed him for not accepting me and then I kissed him. Fantastic! That explains why he isn't picking my call anymore. He must hate me? Or maybe preparing to throw me out of his life? Great work, Caroline. You just made your exit ten times easier.

Roseline wasn't in the hall when I get downstairs and I relax. It would be easier to tell everybody about her interior motives. Who do I tell now?

I find Rebekah sleeping on her cozy bed in her room, next to the study room.

"Rebekah! Get up." I continuously shake the hell out of her but she only groans, turn to the other side, listening nothing. I try thrice and give up when I see a sleeping pill tablet on her desk.

She's not going to wake up anytime sooner. Who should I find now?

Sophia.

She must be here too but I don't know where her room is. I haven't explored the house yet.

Kay was dusting off the paintings in the hallway as I was searching for Sophia. He would help me find someone I can trust.

"Hey, Kay. I was hoping to see Mrs. Mikealson. Can you tell me about her room?"

He looks on. "Well, that one." He indicated to the other hallway, straight to the right corner. "But she isn't there. Miss Rose and madam are having a tv evening right now. You can find her there. The room is next to the basement."

What the hell is that serpent bitch still doing here? I can't tell her if Rose is with her. She must not know that I am aware of her true self.  So I tell Kay. "Thank you but let them enjoy. I can wait."

"As you wish. Do you need anything else?"

"Nothing. Keep going." I tell him to do his work and I step out of his earshot and dial Kol's number. At least he can pick up my call.

The first ring, second ring, third ring and it goes on. Why the hell anyone isn't picking up my goddamned phone. I search for other names that may help me contact any of the Mikealsons.

My search ended in Bonnie. She told me she's now working with Kol. She can help me reach him. I dial her number praying. She picks in the second ring.

"Thank god!" I exhale deeply and step inside my room once again. 

"Hey, What's up? Trying to explain why you disappeared last night?"

"We'll talk about that later but is Kol there?" I hurry.

"Yeah, he is. Kind of."

"Give him the phone, now!"

"But he's not exactly near me. We are at his office and he is having a meeting or discussion. I'm outside the cabin with the rest of the crew. "

"Listen, Bon, it's important. Just go and tell him to talk to me right now."

"I can't exactly. There is a do not disturb tag on the door. Plus I'm new and things don't go the way I want to." 

"You don't get it how necessary this is!" I press.

I hear Bonnie taking a pause. She then speaks. "Okay, I'll try if it's that important. But I can't assure you if I get to him. Wait for a little. I'll call you back." And she hangs up. I pace back and forth which lasted only for a couple of seconds and I find myself calling for Klaus again.