Chapter 4

I pulled my hair into a perfect bun.

I unplug my phone and unlock it to check if there's another message or call from that anonymous caller who called me last time. It's none. I slip my phone into my purse and I saunter to the dining table.

As I reached, the smell of butter bacon filled my nose and my mother is busy arranging the table.

"Mom! Will you zip up my top!" I said and face my back at her, and she obliges.

"Thanks!". I whisper and she gives me aside smile.

"I cooked cheese bacon and cheese sandwich for you. Come here, sweetheart". My mother tells me.

I sat down in one of the chairs and she occupies the other one, next to me. Since I remember—its been only the two of us. My father and mother separated when I was barely two years old. I wonder why she never remarried. It's not like I'll hate my stepfather but I guess,  it's because she feared the other won't love me the way only a real father could. These are my own conclusions because I never attempted to ask her.

I grab my knife and fork and fill my mouth with a bite of cheesy bacon. It's delicious as always. I've learned a lot of kitchen stuff and recipes but I can never compete with my mother. She's a master chef.

"So! Whom with you go for lunch at the office?". It was from my mother. She literally snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I made a new friend, Bonnie. She's so supportive and kind I went with her and her other friend, Crystal to a nearby restaurant. I don't think Crystal likes me? She didn't say a word to me at lunch". My voice is glum, even though I wanted not to sound, miserable or unaffected, but I can't help it. I want to know why she doesn't like me. What could I've possibly done to unlike me?

"Maybe she likes you and she can't help it if she feels jealous of you!" My mom sounded assured but I want to laugh at her statement. There's no way anyone can be jealous of me?

"Of what she would be jealous of me? I'm nothing like her. Have you seen her! She's damn pretty and while I'm—"

" Caroline!" My mother interrupted and cut me off. "You don't have to highlight how gorgeous she is and whatsoever. I told you what I think. She's jealous of your position I guess." My mother paused and then continued, "And talking about you!" She quietly put her knife and fork back on the plate and tenderly looks at me, so I decided to backpedal.
".... What makes you think you're not beautiful or any less than others!".

I softly chuckle at her. "For every mother, her children are always beautiful. Isn't it's a universal truth?". I smile at her and she joins me. " But it did make me feel good!" I admitted.

_________

The breakfast finished hours ago and I'm now, here, at my office—on my chair. Bonnie gave me a new Mac, this morning and I'm mentally surfing into the official website of Mikealson's. Thousands of mail are sent by various forms and organizations, every day. I've to sort them out,— which to respond and which to avoid or spam.

The door of my office flies open and the same redhead I saw yesterday, making out with my boss is leaning against the doorways. I cock my eyebrows, at her sudden appearance.

She's wearing a white frill edge crop top with ripped denim shorts. Her long black boots covered her legs up to thighs. Half of her hair is pulled into a bun with wavy curls escaping all over.

She waves her little fingers and shoots me an evil glint while batting her fake eyelashes.

"Can I help you?". My voice was rigid, clearly unhappy.

"Yeah!". Her slender body dawdles inside my office. "I want you to drive me home!".

My brows drew together. What on Earth she came here, asking me to drive her home. Can't she take a cab or something?

__________

A/n- It's gonna be a double update. SO SWIPE UP and read the NEXT  CHAPTER.

And don't forget to press that vote button. Thank you all!