Chapter 46

Walking back to the miserable and drunken crowd is one of the most hateful thing I had do. If it wasn't for my phone, then screw everyone. I don't give a damn about Selena anymore, not after she is planning to get back at me without my fault. Kol is walking side by side with me. As the night began to descend, more people swarmed in and flood the small ground, even the parking lots. And then when we try to shove people out of the way, we get shoved back.

This time I recognized a lot of faces. When I was with Selena, she was hauling me everywhere and I hardly had any glimpse around. Thanking Kol mentally for his idea of giving me his jacket and someone's scarf to cover myself, otherwise Selena 2.0 (and the people who know me) might have ripped me away from him.

Suddenly, few fingers round around my wrist. Kol has held my hand and the only time we get space to walk ahead when girls spot Kol and whispers how handsome he is while making way for us, actually for him. His grip tightens on my wrist firmly and it reminded me the time around one month ago when his brother had held my hand the same way while shoving the teenagers out of the way at Animo's club where we had met Mr. Castor and his children. And then how Roseline chased me away from the club and later boss went nuts about my disappearance. Was he really worried? Maybe no! Then why he smacked those guys who tried to follow me.

"So! Where is the friend of yours who has your phone?" Kol ask.

"What?-oh yes! My friend...must be...somewhere....there." I quickly recover from my thought. We are now somewhere between the ground with less people around us. Kol let go of my hand and I touch it. I feel the warmth there but it's not as strong as I felt when his big brother held me. OK, enough! Don't think about him.

"Yeah, it would so easy to find her amoung 500 peoples. So easy!" Kol says fervently while scanning around.

"Half of them aren't of this college I guess," I observed trying to find Selena, "but do tell me meantime how you're gonna get it back from her. She isn't in her sense, not to forget her new roommate is a real nutter."

He grinned, then run his fingers in his hair. I laugh before he can say 'girls can't resist me' A similar voice broke into my head. I turned and saw the guy who was offering me liquor when I was with Selena an hour ago. He is yelling someone about something and when I follow his gaze, I spot Selena with Mandy and her other newly turned friends. Seems like she forgot that I was with her a little time ago. They are playing some sort of game while smoking and then kiss each other randomly. My eyes went wide at the scene. That isn't my Selena. She would never do such type of things. How far she has gone!

"Caroline? Caroline-"

"Yes-" I turned at Kol who is looking straight at me confusingly, "there is she." I pointed at the direction before Kol ask me why I wasn't listening to him. But regretted it immediately when he strode off to her direction without uttering a word. I call him but my voice was crushed between the noise coming around me. I watch him stunnily when he went straight to her and dragged away from her friends who don't interfere a bit.
Kol then whisper something in her ear and she giggles. And after she whispers back, Kol handed her phone to her. She, in response handed back her and my phone to him and type something in his phone. I watch Kol open mouthed when he slips my phone in his pocket.

After Selena has stopped typing, she gives his phone back and takes her's with a beaming smile. She again whispers and Kol gives her one of his charming smile and then walk straight to me when I hear Selena shout, "Call me!"

Kol grabbed my hand as soon as he reached me and takes me away from there. "She invited me to her room for the night. I told her later, but I doubt she will wait for that much. Let's get out before she comes running back." He tells me, his finger shaking while I'm still process the whole thing.