Chapter 6

After I dropped Roseline in front of a mall, I decided to crash Bonnie's work as soon as possible. She was the first person with whom I discussed the job and I assume I failed to grasp the meaning of her words.

Since people in suits were advancing from the building, I took a glance at my watch which was wrapped around my wrist. It was lunchtime.

I marched toward the sensor doors to find Bonnie. Lunch had to wait until I confirmed what Rose said was true or not. Although, now I'm not sure if I should be concerned about anything. I could easily manage what was given to me. Still, someone could have clarified that.

The door opened automatically and Bonnie came out of the lift. I trotted and held her hand as I reached her.

"Bonnie Bennett!" I spoke so loudly that she flinched in surprise and the other people, who were with her in the lift, stared at us for the next seconds, before minding their own business. "I need to talk to you about my work!" I whispered.

Her eyes went wide in surprise as she nodded in agreement. "Okay. Lunch time is best time to talk." She suggested, running her iris around my surroundings, so I comprehended. Boy, if she even knew what I was going to talk about.

The walk to a nearby restaurant was short and we occupied the corner table to reduce the chances of eavesdropping by any employee who works for Mikealsons. 'News travels faster than the wind in Mikealsons premises as people tend to get the upper hand, by any information that could be handy for them to butter my boss'. That's what Bonnie said to me on the way. She was talking on her own. I kept quiet for now.

"So.." She looked at me after putting an order for us.

"So what?"

“You said you needed to talk. So talk!” she wasn't showing any discomfort.

"Oh!" I huffed. "Well first tell me do you guys ever make a print mistake in the appointment letter."

She was bewildered. “Not really. I mean not in the appointment letter.”

“Then I guess I'm the dumb one, " I mentally cringed. “at least now I know 'personal relation manager' was written in my joining letter was not a misprint. I shouldn't have ignored it. But anyway, I was mistaken so bad and none of the people told me."

"It's first day of work. You're learning so relax."

"I'm pissed because I learned this from the least favourite person."

"Oh shoot! Well, It's a more formal name of a secretary or a personal assistant!" She said.

I huffed. "Why to fashion a new name for a job which is already has a name." I asked her.

"Do you remember the part when you asked me why our boss is always vexed and I told you that it has done something with his parents" She questioned and I nodded silently. The waiter us two coffee and croissants. "Back in days, when Mr. Andrew Mikealsons, Klaus' father was CEO of the company, he was publicly caught for having an extramarital affair with his secretaries. The news traveled and it became a news sensation.  Mr. Andrew's image was tarnished. His market share dropped rapidly and his goodwill started to sink." She paused her long down memory lane while I was completely smitten and piqued to know the whole thing, but it's not the whole story. There was more. A lot more! I took a sip of my coffee which was left untouched. Bonnie has almost finished her, so I'm guessing she was ready to tell me the other part of the story.

_________

Updated on: April 2, 2019

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! AND COMMENT FROM WHICH COUNTRY YOU BELONG TO!