Chapter 52

Mandy is Amanda and Amanda is Brian's girlfriend.

What the hell? Sounds like a T.V. Opera.

"Brian, she is Mandy!" I feel my voice uneasy as I tell him.

"Not possible, she can't be her roommate. Amanda lives in her private apartment. I went there too, so why should she stay at the dormitory."

"I swear it's her. I spent almost two hours with her. I'm not mistaken, Brian. She's her. Didn't you just say that Mandy may be a nickname? So that's it! Mandy as in Amanda. It makes sense."

"But why? She never told me anything about this? In fact, she hates Selena, do why on earth she would waste money in the dorm when she has her own apartment?"

"She's lying to you. Definitely lying. And we have no idea why?"

"But—" and he stuttered because he seemed perplexed, more likely in the state of unacceptance. The whole thing turned out to be a catastrophe. All I wanted was to find out about Mandy, who turned out to be Amanda, Brian's girlfriend. Shocker!

"This can't be. I'm so tired of being played." Brian breaks down but didn't look at me.

"I'm sorry, Brian! I should not have asked for this."

No answer!  His eyes were fixed on the window, while fingers still on the keyboard. I stare at his face, trying to get a glimpse of his hurt face. He was trying to hold himself together and was looking out to distract his mind. I too followed his gaze and capture the beautiful flower bouquets lined down to up by the florists in front of the supermarket. The colorful show in front of our eyes surely works as a good distraction. A young girl with long red hair, clutching her one hand with another guy stop there. The girl kept walking from one flower to another, maybe deciding which to pick. I can't see her face as her back is at my side. The guy disapproves all of them so she slumped those flower down.

She lightly pushed him in the arm before swirling at his direction. The moment she turned and looked at the guy, her face was now visible to me.
Bright white skin, cherry-colored lips, small nose. Roseline!

Oh my God! So many things flood back into my mind.

The girl who hates me and made me hate her.

The girl who is obsessed with my boss.

The girl boss is preparing to propose.

So what is she doing with a guy who I think maybe her boyfriend? The way she is smiling at him, pouting every time the guy disapproves at the flower she would pick. Then Roseline walks into the Mall with the blonde boy.

I felt like the need to know who exactly the guy is. My hands immediately unlock the door when I realize that I'm in Brian's car and the reason to be here in the first place. He's still quiet and shocked by the truth. But will he accept it? And looking at him, I hardly think so.

My eyes flicked at the Mall where Roseline went. She soon disappeared and blended in.
"Brian, can we talk later about this?"

My words made him look at me and he was taken aback. Surely he did not expect this from me. First I created a complication in his relationship which I think has happened for his own good and second, I'm leaving him in the middle of the situation. Then I guess it makes me the most terrible friend on the planet.

Brian shrugged silently and whispered, "sure!"

Thanking him with a smile and sorry at the same, I get off the car and rush toward the supermarket. Since I remember my boss ordering me to send Roseline a bouquet of flowers to mend things between them, I buy a bunch of blood-red roses and an opportunity to talk to her without sounding suspicious. I ask the florist to attach a card with the bouquet. Taking out my ball pen from my purse, I scribble down the words,