Chapter 2

"I'll come later," I said, my voice weak while I was still holding the knob. I felt my fingers went numb and cold at the ongoing scene.

"Don't worry about the mess, love." He said, without any hint of embarrassment.

I turned around to them finally. The girl was still sitting on the desk was blocking my boss's face. The glimpse of me checking out in magazine came in my mind, yet I was indeed eager to witness his looks in real.

"Send her away, Klaus. I'm enjoying the moment." The girl pouted at him.

I saw his arm move to check the time from his wristwatch before he looked at the redhead girl.

"It's time, " he said. "You need to go. I'll see you tonight."

The girl groaned, picked up her shirt, and wore it back before getting down the bench. She whirled to face me.

She was buttoning back her shirt while eyeing me from up to bottom like every other person I've met today, although, I saw something new. She wasn't just judging me, she was surprised. Way too surprised for my comfort. I gulped.

Her long straight red hair was now messed but it gracefully cascaded down. She was expert in make up I guess and her cherry lipstick was smudged in corner of her lips.

I could see why a make-out session was in order at this time of day. She had a bold and attractive personality to woo anyone.

"Who are you?"  She rudely asked.

"The PR manager." I answered.

Redhead walked over to me, giving me a way to get a look of the boss, but his face was tilted down. He was buttoning his shirt back as well. Before he was done, I was able to have a glimpse of his chest.

"You are his PR manager?" She narrowed her eyes when I withdrew my attention from him to her, who was now giving me disgusted look unnecessarily.

What the hell was everybody's problem?

I simply nodded, ignoring her bitchy attitude and met my eyes with my boss.

I instantly admired his features because he was an eye candy. His dirty blonde hair paired with green-blue eyes—almost like mine, were compelling.

He took a closer step toward the girl and held her by the waist, her back touching his muscular chest. The response of the redhead was interesting. She had jerked his hands away and turned around to face him.

"Really? Her? I thought I was in the league but you choose her?" She pointed at me with her aggressive tone and I didn't understand why the hell I was getting those looks, repeatedly. Being a nerd was not a crime. We people don't exist to get judged. We on the other hand rocked the world knowledge.

He again wrapped her under his manly grip, this time harder and kissed her neck.

My eyes automatically lowered.

There was no need to do that now. So gross!

I should have dug better about the company and particularly about the CEO.  I was expecting to be handled by the HR head and located somewhere between the thirteenth or fourteenth floor. 

"Everything's changing, sweetheart. We'll discuss it tonight, together." He whispered, but I heard it anyway.

The girl seemed she wasn't buying his bullshit but anyway, flashed an unconvinced smile and gave him a love peck.

It was exhausting to watch.

"See you tonight". She gave him a flying kiss, clanking her heels on the floor as she made her way to exit.