Chapter 17

I couldn't believe what Roseline told me. He smacked and threatened those hooligans. I can't help it but some part of me feels happy. I look at the broken pieces of my phone and whatever rage I was feeling earlier has now vanished. I kinda deserve it because it was Roseline who drew me away, not Klaus. Partly, it was my fault too, I should have informed him or at least answered his calls.

"You damn lucky girl!" Roseline said and I look at her. "If you were there, I would have broke your nose. I had a long night ahead with him but you ruined it."

In response, I gave her a 'whatever' look and storm out of Klaus'office and entered mine. Roseline was already present there. I look at the door which conjoined my office with my boss and then back to Roseline.

"Don't use that door!" I glared and she gave me the same 'whatever' look. I huffed and sat on my chair. After discarding the pieces of my phone into bin, except the sim card, I open my Mac to look a new phone model. I need a new phone now. My previous phone was loaded with all my information, including my bank accounts and all. Thanks to my college friend Brian Wesley, who taught me how to back up data in phone. At the thought of Brian, Selena comes in my mind. I don't know what's going on between the two of them. Selena is trying to repent her mistake. I hope Brian will hear her out and forgive her. They look so cute together and I don't want them to end everything. My best friend Selena has trust issues or I should say that she suspect a lot, mostly unappropriatly. Brian loves Selena a lot but her blame hurt him deep this time. Once I get my new phone, I'll call him.

"Aren't you gonna tell me anything?" Roseline growled who walk past me and open the door to the other half of my office. Yes! The same room with a bed, where my boss slept with many of his PRs.

"Tell you what?" I whirl my chair at her direction, confusingly. God this girl will make me crazy. She twirl once before laying on the bed.

"Klaus told me to assist you in your work so I can learn or whatever!"

I blew out the warm air and got up.
"Then the first thing I want you to learn is never use that door and this room. It's just a stupid room that has nothing to do with my job. So better get use to it and stop barging into any place you like!". I tell her but she doesn't seems to listen me. Infact she sucks her lips and batted her eyelashes which makes me feel like kick her out and put a lock in both of the door. I swear this door reminds me how nasty my job is!

It's not only my boss making out with his PRs that bug me but the whole scandal thing Bonnie told me is what make me more worried. I don't want myself to get involve in any of this but working with Roseline will get me some how near to it. It's not like I think there can be something between me and my boss but Roseline intervention is enough to drag my name with her because she was working under me. This is the point I feel politics may be better than business chaos.

"You know....." Roseline drew my attention to her. "...this is the bed where I lost my virginity to Klaus!" She proudly informs me and my brows went up in amusement. She's telling me her private secrets. Why? Moreover, was she really a virgin before meeting Klaus? That's look unbelievable because the kind of dress she wears is ofcourse to charm boys. She must have pretty long list boyfriends.

"You were virgin?" I asked the question I shouldn't. I bit my lower lip for my stupid curiousity. That's ridiculous, Caroline.

Roseline get up, her expression serious. "You think I'm a whore!"

"Even if you were mother of all whores, I wouldn't say it." I said in apologetic tone while defending myself and it's true. Its really harsh to comment on people. My mother didn't let me grow up with these kinds of values.

"I had couple of boyfriends in my highschool and collage, but I have my own dating rules. I don't sleep with anyone"

"So you're saying that you're in love with Klaus that's why you slept with him?"

"Hmm-mm!" She admitted instantly.

"How did the two of you met? I mean he's a businessman and you're college going girl!" I questioned.

"That's none of your business!" She muttered and walked out of the room. I followed the que and shut the door behind me and occupied my previous seat. While she was musing at the office, I scan my eyes to find something to occupy her so she won't bother me till the day ends. My eyes finally rest on the dozens and dozens of the file which I alphabetically organized two day ago in the cabinets of my desk.

Reluctantly, I pull them out randomly and silently drop them on the floor one by one. It took me everything to UNORGANIZED them. For someone who is an almost OCD patient is hard to do this. After it was done, I slide my chair to the left to make space for Roseline.

"Here's the first thing you have to do!"   I said to her. She smiles and walks toward me. "Here's these files, organize them alphabetically!" As these words escape my mouth, her smile disappeared. For a second, I thought she'll deny it but making me surprise, she obliged to do the work. She sat on the floor beside those files and started her work.

Lifting my lips in shock, I began to do my work. Stealing quick glances of her in between, I surf through the net.  She was actually working with dedication. She opens every file, read the names and pile them up.

Her work was finished which took hours because she her pace was slow. I'm sure she never had organized her own room once. After then I told her about the Mikealson website and what we are supposed to do with it. Just then, the door open and my boss walks in. I looked at my watch and it was 1:25. Lunch still hold an hour away. Roseline leaped in happiness but stood behind me.

Klaus comes to us. This time, he was wearing his coat. Between the little fingers of his right hand, they held a small box. I got up from my chair, out of respect for our seniors/boss. He matches his gaze with me. They were intense and shimmering.

"This is for you!" He finally spoke and lightly slammed the box on the desk. It was a cellphone box, actually an iPhone box.