Chapter 86

"You are doing, what?" I squeal before Klaus could pull the brakes of the car. But he kept going the way without having any reaction to my reaction after his so-called plan to remove Edward which is risky, particularly for Rose.

"Whatever you heard, love!" He confirms. I only go bunkers.

"You can't ask Rose to confess that she is spying on you, and on your company." I paraphrase. "You will be sending her jail straight away as well."

"That's how it is going to sort out." He argues. "Besides, Rose is planning to give away my company by buttering my mother and stealing her shares."

The car slows down as snow-covered road is ahead of us. "Then don't marry her. And why are we having this conversation? You shouldn't be marrying her anyway!"

"I can't just call it off. Edward will be tipped off by that." He explains. "He must be already suspicious of her as you got away."

"She let me go away!" I remind him. "And that is why I should help her, not push her toward more trouble."

"We can plead that she was manipulated." He reasons.

I roll my eyes, banging my head against the seat. The hoodie fell off. "On what basis if you could tell?"

"For starters, we could say Edward was targeting and threatening her parents."

"Pretty sure that's not gonna work. He's just as vicious as you." I tell him and oops! He looks up at me, slightly surprised. Either he got offended, just a little or maybe he took that as a compliment.

"We have to search proof that doesn't connect Rose." He expels a breath.
"But if nothing works out. Rose has to confess."

"You can't be serious!" We were back at it again. "She's not just someone. She's Thea's sister, remember? Thea tarnished herself to protect her. You're going to do exactly the opposite. Don't you want to assure her that her sacrifice was worth it?"

He doesn't take a look at me, instead, he puckered his lips in a pout just to show me he doesn't understand whatever I say. I feel he just hate her no matter who she is related to.

He stops the car and parks it outside a cafe. Then he unlocks his seatbelt and steps out. I follow the cue, confused about why he stopped in front of not-so-Klaus-style-cafe-slash-diner.

I see him pushing his thumbs on his iPhone and seconds later, a tall and huge guy wearing almost the same clothes as him, appears.

"Keep it moving!" He instructs him, sounding very cold, just like the way he uses to when I first joined. He was very dominative but eventually, I started dreaming about him in a different way, and that led me to develop soft spots for him.  I hear him say the other guy. "Wait for my instructions."

The guy bowed, took the keys, and drove his car away. I tighten my jacket as cold air was slapping me across my face. The warmth in the car was long gone.

"What are we doing here, Klaus?" I ask.

"You are getting used to calling me 'Klaus'" He stated. I even don't remember when that had begun. "But to answer your question. We are here for a good hot beverage at this chilling time."

"Here?" I raise my brows. "I could have taken that on our way."

"You said you wanted out, so I brought you. If you wish to go somewhere else to get some air, we could go now!"

"When I said I want to go out, I meant never go back there. That and I help you catch Edward red-handed." I clarify.

He laughs. "You know that's not gonna happen. Assisting me is going to expose your location in so many ways. Just like you said, Edward is as vicious as me."