Chapter 74

"Do you like bacon?" Rebekah asks as we eat together for breakfast.

"Who doesn't?" I smile in return. This girl is sweeter than honey. I didn't expect this amazing behavior from her. I thought she must resemble her obnoxious mother's attitude.

For now, it is just us at the table. I have been waiting for everyone for a while all alone until she joined me. I haven't asked her why no one is here as pretty sure I've got the answer. It's not a family, it's a freaking comedy. Their parents don't care about their kids.

Shortly, one of the Mikealson emerged adding more to my happiness. Boss arrives in his signature Armani business suit. And what makes him more attractive is his vest as he is not wearing his coat.

I bite my lips to suppress the smile when he sits in front of me, across the table.

"Where's Kol?" He asks, not looking at me.

"He's gone at work an hour ago." Her sister replies. "And no idea about Mom and dad. They must—"

"Whatever. How's your school going by the way?"

"Boring. I want it to finish soon."

"Your grades are disappointing." He makes a face. To me it's adorable but I can't say much about her sister.

"You see," Rebekah looks at me, "bad things about having geniuses brothers at home. They can never appreciate disappointment."

I didn't know what to say without commenting at anyone one of them, so instead, I make an amusing face at her. She smiles back before helping herself with juice.

I look at the boss and luckily this time he looks back but only for a second. Damn, he is something. Wonder why I couldn't resist him despite the fact I've always told myself he's not someone to be around.

"You should look over at your weak points," the boss says to his sister. "Work hard on them. Have a specific goal and then go for it. Otherwise, it's a waste."

"Can you save your lecture for some other day? Why are you embarrassing me in front of your Secretary?" She says shyly.

"I'm just telling you. You should be taking more care of yourself now. I can't be really around you these days."

"Are you talking about Edward fucking Blake?"

"Language Rebekah!" He warns and unfolds the newspaper. "And yes, it's about him. I can't let him run loose around any of you."

"Dad said he'll handle him."

"Well, our father says a lot of things and barely makes a move."

"Okay, whatever. Anyways I'm getting late for school." She gets up while wiping her lips and hands with a napkin. "And I can take care of myself, brother. Have a good day."

She gives a peck on his cheek before departing from here, leaving us two alone at the dining table.

We both again look at each other and before he can read my face how awkward it feels to be alone with a bunch of housemaids, we look away.

I pretend to indulge back in my breakfast while I can't tell if he genuinely is engrossed in the newspaper or pretending just like me.
For another next fifteen minutes or so the silence continued. All I did meanwhile was eat and steal glances of him without getting caught.

He stands up after he finishes his juice while I was only stirring mine. Kay comes back quickly with his coat and makes him wear it.

"Do you want to stay or join me in the office?" Boss asks me.

"I think it's time for me to go to work, too," I reply. "What will I do here anyway?"

"Fine, get your jackets and things and meet me at my car." He tells me.

"I'm going with you?"

"Our workplace is the same. Of course, I'm taking you with me. Now hurry!" He orders and I happily run to my room. Grabbing my jacket and phone and purse, I come back and find him waiting in his car. He unlocks the door for me and I sit inside, next to him on the passenger seat.

He starts driving and very soon we are out of his mansion to the road.

"So what about your mother then?" Boss asks me.

"My mom? What about her?"

"I mean she wasn't ready to send you here. Then how come it all happened?"

"Well, it just happened," I tell him, keeping in mind I can't reveal the existence of my uncle. "She thought that it was a good suggestion considering the things going around."

"Then why didn't she come?"

"I think she didn't like the idea that much. Moreover, she's not very comfortable around new people."

"But you shouldn't leave her alone. She cares for you and I admire that."

"Do you mean I should go back?" I get confused.

"No," he states. "What I mean is that you should not leave her alone. Either she should come here to live with you or she should move to somewhere safer for herself. Edward may not be focused on her right now but I can't guarantee anything. He is one crazy bastard who knows your whereabouts."

"Then I guess he knows I'm living with you," I predict.

"You can assume that."

"Can you just drop me at my home? I need to talk to her about it."

"Now?"

"Yes, now. I'll catch up with you later."

"No, I don't think so. I won't leave you out of my sight. You know what happened last time."

"I know but I need to talk to her. She's also not answering my calls."

"Okay fine, I give you fifteen minutes. You go home, talk to her, and come back. I'll be outside." He instructs. I agree and he took a U-turn to my house as I prepare myself on what I should tell her to convince. Honestly, I don't want her to come and live at Mikealson so my most efforts would be focused on sending her off to live with grandpa. That will be a good option for both of us.

-------

Vote and comment!!