Chapter 90

I woke up an hour after Klaus and I returned from the party, leaving our clothes behind on the floor before taking the fire inside into bed. We only make out and didn't go further as both of us were extremely tired.

I roll out of the bed making sure I hadn't disturbed Klaus and went for the bathroom. When I returned, the screen of my phone was glowing.

Curiously I went over there and picked it up. A message was flashing on the screen.

You and me. Alone at Patricia Coffee.
Thea Collins!

Any signs of sleepiness were gone. I was surprised, there was no denying question. Why in the hell did she want to talk to me? And alone. We talked for less than five minutes at the party but I didn't think I left that kind of impression to get a coffee invitation in the middle of the night. Also, she better not think that just because we have few features similar, it would turn us into some sort of friends.

No matter what, I can never compose myself to like her.

Another message popped beneath it. This time she had specifically mentioned not to bring Klaus. That explained she was aware of me and Klaus. The confusion twisted this time even more. What could she possibly wanna talk to me about?

I sighed. There was no freaking chance I could do that. First, I don't have the means to go over to the cafè. Klaus had Australian currency and I'm not sure if the driver was still up.

Second, Klaus would be mad out of his mind if I went to a city of the country I have never visited before.

I place my phone back on the table and get on the bed. Klaus had turned to the other side, sleeping peacefully.

I shut my eyes off trying to drift in sleep but my crazy mind raced with the ten different possibilities of tonight's invitation to have a talk with Thea. I'm beyond curious.

The light glow once again and I reached for it before the dimness appears again. The screen had a third message.

It's important. If you are reading this please come and talk. I can help with something that Elvis couldn't.

I sat up. If anything that had me moving to my newest sets of clothes that Klaus bought in the way when we were returning, this was it.

I quickly slipped into my new pair of jeans and pulled over the top.

Peeking a glance at Klaus who was still sleeping, I could only hope that he wouldn't be angry when I return. Whatever help Thea was promising to provide, I hoped it would suffice.

I picked my phone and punched in a reply.

Can you pick me up by any chance? I'm afraid I can make my way there on my own.

I sent my location to her and had just finished pulling my hair into a bun when she replied. Okay. Be there in five!

No matter how thrilled I became to meet Thea in the next five minutes to talk about our crisis, going without Klaus was hard to digest. We were supposed to do that together but there might a reason Thea didn't want Klaus there. And I'm okay with that as soon as I get my hands on something much useful.

Klaus tossed, this time his face was toward me but he was still sleeping. Tip toed, I went to the table placed beneath the TV. There was a notepad and a bunch of pens. I wrote the message about meeting Thea and left it beneath Klaus's MacBook, half of the note peeking out.

I exited, sauntered the hallway, walking past the rooms that mostly were empty.

After coming out of the elevator, I reached the lobby downstairs, then outside the motel. A car was parked right in front of it. Thea's beautiful face was peeking out at me, her hand waving me to come to her.