Chapter 75

By the time I returned back to the boss, it was barely more than fifteen minutes. My mom is really not understanding when it comes to my job. I don't know how my uncle convinced my mom to let me live at Mikealsons when she actually isn't very happy about her decision.
Thankfully we never bantered as I ask her if she wants to stay with us and she told me she is moving to the old town where grandpa lives. I couldn't be happier.

"What happened?" Boss asked as soon as I sit back.

"She is going to live at Grandpa's, " I tell him.

"Philadelphia," he says, making me surprise. I never mentioned this information to him.

"How did you know that is my hometown?"

"You think I hire people without having full information about them."

"So what else you know about me that I don't know that you know."

He looks at me longer this time as if he is trying to scrutinize me.
"A lot of things I think." He answers and starts the car again. "But that's not the talk right now. You must assure me that you won't go anywhere alone. Either you'll be accompanied by me or someone I trust. You cannot roam alone outside your work or my home."

"Okay, but do you remember I told you there's a person in your company who is trying to infiltrate it."

"You don't have to worry about it. My team is already on it."

"So you do think Edward has someone inside the company?"

"I had the idea for a while. Long before you told me "

"So you do have suspects."

"Not the one I'm sure of." He stops the car in the parking lot of his building. We get off and walk together inside, then take the elevator. I thought it was going to be just us, but exactly as the door was about to close, Roseline made a quick entrance.

Her slender figure, bouncy red hair and rosy cheeks are perfect. She is so good at maintaining herself. I can understand why my boss is drawn to her.

As expected she steps between him and me, then looping her arm around his and planted a peck on his cheeks. I haven't turned my head to see that but the walls of the elevator are shiny as a mirror.

I move backward, feeling embarrassed as if Roseline didn't kiss him but she had slapped me instead. Between all these chaos I had forgotten that it wasn't just about me and him, but her too. She was in the picture long before I even knew him.

Boss looks back to me through the mirror. I can't differentiate what that look was about. Was he uncomfortable because I was the third wheel or it was a sort of guilt? It's getting harder and harder to know if he really has feelings for me because I'll be wasting my time and energy if he isn't.

"Good Morning, Nik!" She said to him.

"You know Nik is the name only my sister can call me. I have told you so many times," he complains.

"Okay. So do you have any other thing to say?"

"Say what?"

"Oh come on Klaus. You can't forget this."

"If something is important to me, I can never forget that." He answers, smartly.

"So our first year anniversary is not important to you. We met for the first time a year ago. You promise to spend time with me."

'You could have reminded me a few days before."

The elevator opens with a ding. He walks off, leaving Roseline's hand and calls me to join him in his cabin. When I went there, nothing much happened as we talked about his several upcoming projects and that his Casino projects had already started.