Chapter 23

I let out strings of cursed words under my breath when I heard my phone ringing, so loudly. I slightly open my eyes and curled to the other side of the bed. Since it was night, the ringtone sounded louder than the rest time of the day. I blink my eyes forcefully and pick up the phone after seeing that the number was unknown and private.

"Hello!" I mutter into the phone while shutting my eyes. "Hello?" I ask for the second time when there was no response. I shake off my haze and sit up on the bed; resting my back against the wooden headboard. "Hel—." The person at the other side hang up the phone without saying even a word. I bemuse at the unknown number. It's 4:30 in the morning and certainly not the same number from which that anonymous woman called me 2 weeks ago. After fail to conclude nothing I again cover my self with a blanket. Not even 5 seconds passed and my phone buzzed. I switch on the screen and saw a message.

Mikealson's PR, pull your name out of it. Don't say later I didn't warn you when things get nasty.
-your well wisher.

As soon as I read it, I hop out of the bed and immediately dialed the number. My sleep was gone because my curiosity was piqued. I want to know who is this well wisher of mine? and, if this person really wish my welfare, then he/she better answer me. "Hello?" I asked when someone pick the phone but without getting a word, the line went dead, again, like the first time. I redial the number but person at the other side refuse to accept it however times I dial.

I toss my phone on the bed and put my hands on my hips in annoyance. What is happening? First that anonymous woman and now this. I don't know if they are the same person or not. What the hell they want from me? I feel curious and frustrated. I lay on my bed again so I can fell into the darkness and forget these thoughts but it didn't help. For ten minutes all I did was toss and turn. Finally convinced that I'm thousands miles away from sleep, I walked to my window and pulled the curtain away. The street was vacant and the sky had covered itself with the stars and the moon.

While lost in admiring the beauty of the moon, I finally received a message from that person.

Text me if you want to know something.

Without wasting another second I texted back. Who the hell are you?

'As I stated, your well wisher. The Mikealson is not a good place for you to work'

'Thats not your work to tell me'

'Fine, just find about Rhea Collins who once worked for the Mikealsons. Then you'll know that my intentions are good
–Good bye'

..........

I reached at my office early. The mention of Rhea Collins by that unknown person intrigued me in some way. If I can get some information about her, then maybe I could figure out why these people are bothering me. I reached my cabin and put down my bag on the desk. Bonnie told me yesterday that she would come office early today. Perhaps she could give me some answers. She knows about Mikealsons more than anyone else does due to the history her mother shared with Andrew Mikealson.

I barely walked to the exit when I find the conjoined door fully opened. This little stupid door need to be locked very soon by me. As my hand reached the knob of the door, I saw a tall woman, with skinny body and red long curly hair. It was Roseline. I haven't seen her since the boss left for U.K and I'd that I won't see her face until he arrives, but here she is— appearing out of the blue. She was standing nearby one of those two bookshelves behind my boss's desk. Her fingers were tracing a long row of books stuffed in that bookshelf.

"What are you doing here?" I walked in and she whirl around.

"Morning to you, too!" She said, giving me one of her fake smiles which feels like bee sting.

"I'm asking what are you doing here?" I asked impatiently and walked a bit more ahead but stopped when I reached my boss desk.

"Trying to pass the time until Klaus arrives!" She picks out a book and leaned her body against that book shelf. She opened her book and began to flip pages. My eyes falls on the files placed upon the desk. They were kind of messy and definitely set out of order. I felt the urge to set them alphabetically. "Isn't it's ironic that the man who cease to believe in love, keeps the most romantic novels and poetry collection." She said and tapped her index finger on the books cover.

"I still don't understand why you're here when boss is arriving the day after tomorrow" I glared and crossed my arms.

"Nope! He's arriving today. Didn't you know about it?" She mocked with an evil glint and slipped back the book into the shelf. "He reschedule his flight because he has to attend a bidding auction."

Bidding! How can I forget about it? When Mr. Castor told me about it, I immediately informed my boss who asked me to draw every information I could. But he never told me about the reschedule about his arrival. I'm his PR, so I should be informed.

"He didn't tell you, did he?" Roseline twinkled her eyes and sat upon the desk, crossing her legs. I turned to her and replied. "No!"

"Pity for you!" She quiverred her lips. "See that's why I fit more better than you for the PR position."

"You started this whole thing again?" I said, totally frustrated. "don't you have anything else to talk about?" I spat at her but she doesn't seems to be affected by my voice or words, but instead she nodded in agreement.  "Where were you for last two weeks, by the way?"

Her grin faded at my question.