Chapter 61

Mom looked at me as if she was waiting for my approval. Nevertheless, she decides herself and moves away from the car so they could talk. And me, instead of sitting inside to feel a little warmer, come out quickly and find Kol who is standing inches away. He didn't join his father.

"Here's your phone!" He showed my phone and the screen is scratched.

"Where did you get that?" I exclaimed. I really had forgotten about mine because I thought it was just gone.

"It was left by the car. Everything was shattered, except for this phone. I was trying to reach brother's phone through my new app. But it wouldn't work. We thought-we thought they killed you both because we didn't think you both would jump down the bridge. Who can do that?"

"Well, it was your brother's idea. And it worked otherwise-"

"Let's not say that word anymore. Everyone was scared. The police were all over the city looking for you two. I was working too. I called my teammates too. Miss bennet helped too "

"Bonnie Bennet?"

"Yeah, Smart girl! After she found out in the news, she called us multiple times at our home and I got to talk to her. It took time but I knew it was working. By 2 in the morning, everyone dozed off. Bonnie's mom just came and took her and I don't know why. Her mom uses to work for my dad but I never see her around anymore. Anyways, after four, I got signals. They were weak but showed in the city. We were almost here when brother called. It was so good seeing you both safe."

"Yeah, it is! I still can't believe we somehow got out of it. I almost gave up!" I tell him my real thoughts that I had pushed various times whenever they popped up inside my mind.

"You should take rest before you fell ill badly," Kol tells me and I agree. We both look at our respective parents as both of them are busy talking.

"What do you think they are talking about?" I ask.

"Most probably your family enemies, if you have!" Kol quickly added the last word when I stare at him.

"We don't have any. It's just me, mom and grandpa!" I say in my defense. It's right. My family is just a normal family that stays very low. We hardly had any family friends.

Exact at that moment, we see mom and Mr. Mikealson approaching back to us. The look on mom's face was not readable. She was kind of acting stiff as if Mr. Mikealson had said something very awful to her.

"Take care, Miss Forbes. And remember for any help, our doors are always open for you!" He informs with a smile and I force one too. Kol bid me bye, so mom and I set to go back to our home.

"What was that about?" I ask on the way.

"Daddy Mikealson and my talk? Ahh, nothing important. Just that I should keep you away from the media." She explains.

"And what did you say?"

"I agreed because that's exactly what I want, too. You need a rest and a doctor. I already called one and he's coming as soon as he can."

"Good thinking cause I think I need one. I can hardly talk!" I tell her. The car is warm up now and I am feeling much better.

Mom nodded and speedup the car even more so we reach quickly. And by no time, my mom parked the car in the driveway and we went inside and I can't explain the feeling I am having back here. There is no place like home. I feel warm, safe and comfortable. We climb upstairs. She hurried to the kitchen while I, to my room. Quickly I grabbed my woolen clothes and rushed to the bathroom to clean myself with hot water. I am pretty sure that I am going to fall ill so severely but there is no way I am not gonna take shower and get rid of smells and dirt.

By the time I was done with the bathroom business, I towel dry my hair and jumped into my bed and made comfortable myself with a warm blanket. I am shivering so badly that even heater doesn't seem to have any effect on my body.

A little later, mom comes into my room with a cup of coffee and a thermometer. She put down the cup on my side table and shoved the machine into my mouth and when she took it back, her eyes went up.
"Oh God! Hundred and five degrees!"

"Oh, I need my coffee." I knew that was coming. It was just a miracle that we both somehow survived the night. I took my coffee despite it was hot. Mom disappears which I suppose to call the doctor again but she returned with a huge blanket and covered me more even though I didn't want another.

"I'm now good, mom!" I assure her when she caressed my almost dry hair.

"I know." She smiled and then in the next second her facial expression turned a little strained.
"Care, When I was talking to Mr. Mikealson, I don't why, but I feel they know something which we don't! Do you have any idea about it?"

"Why would you ask that?" I enquire subtly.

"Umm, I just felt that Mr. Mikealson is aware who might have tried to kill you and his son and I observed that he was more worried about people knowing it than punishing the guilty and protect his kids."

I wish I could just tell her the story but I feel otherwise. She doesn't know much about their family history and honestly, I am scared that it would shock her if I began to tell just a part of it. And Edward, oh no! He's a real villain and I trust my guts that involving mom now is not the time. I will tell her but at the right time.

"I don't have any idea, mom! My job is just to manage the boss's business life. He never tells me much about anything!" I lie, just to save her and give my boss the time to figure out what is going to do about this incident because this is not just a share market rivalry. It's about lives. My boss's and I am a tag along.