Chapter 15

TRAIN HER!!!!!!!!!

That's insane. That obnoxious woman will work under my supervision. Who am I kidding?

I knock, practically slamming my palm against the door. The startling news Roseline gave me is still hard to believe. Was she lying? I hope she was lying. Seriously, working with her feels like a Tom and Jerry show where she'll chase me to my annoying point.

"Come in!" The voice called me. I shove past the door and stand in front of my boss, who is seated upon the desk with a file in his hands. He's wearing his suit and as usual, his coat is placed upon his chair. Unlike the other days, today he's wearing waistcoat upon his shirt which hugs his frame perfectly. Pretty sure, he can give tough competition to modals walking in a ramp walk.

Ahh! Focus Caroline.

"Whatever I heard today is really true?" I asked, jerking away from the thoughts of my boss.

"Your phone please." He demands, his eyes fix on the paper he is working on.

"My phone!" I was baffled.

"You need to get something for your ears, too! I'm asking for your phone!" He shouted furiously and I nodded before pulling out my phone from my bag. I hesitated to give him but reluctantly, I handed it over to him after unlocking the password. What he's gonna do with my phone?

He rolls it over a few times to see it from all sides before sliding over the screen and checking something.

"Two missed calls from the boss." He showed me the call logs and I swallowed. I didn't pick up his phone last night. Hell, now he's gonna scold me badly. But it was his fault too. If he hadn't left me alone, he wouldn't have to call me in the first place. But before I can answer him, his hands flew in the air with force as he smashed my phone into tiny pieces. I gasped, literally took a few steps back in shock and fear.

My eyes traveled from his outrageous face and then to my broken phone, again and again, until I'm convinced that yes, it was my phone.

"What did you do?" I cried and bend on my knees to pick up the pieces of my phone. My mother gifted me a few months ago and he laminated it. While I was collecting the pieces, I felt a grip on my arm. Klaus pulls me up, making me stand in front of him.

"Next time, when I call.. make sure to pick it up on the first ring?" He scowled while squeezing my arms. "Understand!"

I nodded fearfully. I thought to put my reasons in front of him, but I couldn't retaliate because I was so astonished at his authoritative and controlling behavior. He then let go of my arm.

"Rose will be working at your guidance!" He said and walked away from the office. I looked at the exit for a few seconds before bending down again to pick the rest of the pieces. The screen is fully damaged. There's no way I can get it repaired.

My hand reached at the last piece when Roseline's boot tapped constantly on the floor, just a foot away from my hand. I picked up the last piece and got up.

"Oops!" She hummed. "Today your phone's gone and tomorrow-who knows? Your job???." She chuckled. I looked away while gripping my broken phone. "Do you know how much Klaus was tensed for you last night? He searched for you for hours!" She informed and I was taken aback. He was tensed for me? "He even jammed those drunks who may have tried to.......you know what I mean!"