Chapter 63

"This is the 9th time for a phone call and 17 times for a visit!" Mom shoved her phone in her jeans and draped the blanket around me just after I sit on the couch. I had another three-day rest, twice doctor check with barely any difference in my health. I still have a fever.

Mom curses under her breath as she has been bothered by media for so many times. We are getting calls, people waiting outside our home to take my interview on the matter but mom had rejected every call and denied every request.

"It will be over soon! They are gonna give up." I pushed the remote button hard and mom went away to the kitchen to prepare soup for me. I simply switch on the tv and watch the news.

Mom had told me that she had seen twice the news about me and my boss, but not me. I hope to catch a glimpse of it. I flip through different news channels but it isn't there. It has been a week after all.

I flinched when Mom angrily tossed the basket in which she was washing the vegetable because the bell for our home rang again.
"These shameless money eating people won't give up. They don't understand the meaning of no!" She swears loudly.

"Ignore it!" I mumbled in annoyance and switched to the Cartoon network to watch Tom and Jerry. Eating popcorn while stuffed in a warm blanket and watching my favorite show feels very good.

But looks like the doorbell isn't going to stop. Ding ding ding!!!!

Mom, who has picked back the basket she tossed at the corner of the sink, now was cutting them. She huffed in annoyance, rolled her sleeves up and came out of the kitchen. Her lips were curled in anger, cursing continuously coming out. She is very angry now and I am sure that the reporter outside our door is going to have one hell of a deafening scolding.

Mom quickly sprinted down the stairs and opened the door. I shift in my couch as if it would make any difference but I wanted to hear how she rats them out.

But it was odd. Instead of shoutings, it was quiet whisperings.

I couldn't figure out anything but mutterings were clearly happening. Who could be now? My brain was already anticipating when I hear footsteps of two people. I looked up to see one familiar face.

"Mr castor?"

Mr. Castor is wearing a gray suit with shiny boots, and his blonde hair combed perfectly. He smiles at me in a very content way that I had an urge to swallow.

I spoke returning the smile. "I'm fine, Mr. Castor. It is really nice of you to come but you didn't have to come and personally see me." I tried to sound genuine and thankful as I could.

"Actually your mother had informed me a few days ago about your well being but I had to come. We have something important to talk about. It's about your job and boss."

I quickly loosened my blanket and asked. "What happened to the boss? Is he fine or okay? We he attacked again? Is he-"

"Nothing like that had happened!" He calms me down while I was surprised at my own behavior. "I think before we get into details I should start from the beginning."

"I think not!" Mom interrupted. "You don't have to do this!"

"What is going on here? Is there something you both know but not me?" I ask.

"She has to know!" Mr castor told my mom. She looked disappointed but he turned to me.

"It's time you should know who I am. So you won't have to call me Castor when we are not seen?"
.
"I'm story but I didn't understand a bit!" I am a lot, confused.

Mom interrupted once again as she sat beside me, and put her hands over my shoulder. "Sweetheart he is someone you are related with. I thought I would ever face him after everything. But I had no idea you were sort of working with him."