Chapter 37

"So..you mean..you kind of blacked out!" I ask my boss. We both are now together in the same plane we came by the first time. After he had paid the charges and penalty for the damage he caused, we leave for Brooklyn together and since then I'm rooting for him to remember him what he had done.

For a moment I thought that he's lying because he's ashamed just as me about what took place inside the four walls.

The only thing that doesn't fits my thoughts is his constant enquiring about how did everything went inside his room or did he really caused the damage. From looking at him, he really seems trying hard to remember all of it.

"I guess so! But I'm sure it has everything to do with Edward Blake. I've never been this drunk," he says and after gulping down the last sip of his caffeine. This is the third cup in a row he took in last three hours: one in the morning, one just before getting in plane and one right now. He complains how much his head is buzzing.

"I saw you talking to him." I try to remind him. "You two were trying to gloat each other."

"I was." He looks surprised but then believed it. I check the time and we still have one and half hours to reach back Brooklyn. "Of course I was. I'm sure he purchased the land just to delay my work. But he has no idea the connections I have. This all facade cost me almost a million. I'm gonna make him pay every single penny of it."

I look at him and listen carefully at each of his words. Everytime he finished his sentence, he would pursed his lips, grit his teeth. His eyes would gaze at a constant place and I know that they are just blank stares and he's lost in somewhere, probably thinking about Edward Blake. I haven't told him yet that he threatened us because I'm still not over the last night incident. I look at him attentively, my eyes piercing and yet when they caught his glimpse, it melt down like wax.

I averted my gaze from him and rest my head on the couch while he keeps checking his phone in every ten minutes. In every few seconds, I don't know why but somehow take quick look of him. I don't even realize what  actually I'm doing. I have to stop this, stop whatever I'm doing. I know I don't feel for him but something about him has some effects on me. It may be his womanizing antics or extraordinary business skills that have caught my attention so deeply.

I have to get rid of it. He wouldn't find me good enough for him unless he's drunk. I should focus on my job.

"I saw you two—," my boss bring me out of my reverie, " talking. I'm certain Edward wasn't just saying all rhe best to you."

I look at him bewildered. Not the thing I expected when I was convinced that he hadn't heard our conversation but then, yes, that itdoesn't mean he wasn't watching. He was inspecting us, waiting for me to tell him but I didn't and I'm sure if I'll tell him about what we talked he wouldn't believe it, now.

"He was just blabbering about his chances to win the bid," I came up with a lie. It wasn't just Edward holding me back but all of those people who are bothering me since the first day of my job. The first person in my bother list was that obnoxious woman who claimed that I ruined something of her, and second wanted me to uncover about boss's ex-PR and now the third, whom I just got to know is a pyscho give life ultimatum.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" He cocked his eyebrows at me and I lift my head up at him. What do I say to him? Tell him the truth or let it go?

"No," I reply.

"Fine!" He sigh. "Remind me again who got us this Bid, again?"

"Umm... Your Casino's partner, Mr. Castor." I answer him. He groans, not at Mr. Castor's mention but his head again throbs with a headache. He let out a deep breath, put his phone away and rub his temple. Now I had no doubt that he doesn't remember a thing that happened last night, but instead it actually remind me every bit of it. Me, barging in uninvited, trying to reason with a man who had no sense at that time. I should have been careful. Mom told me not to deal with drunkens. My mother had also told me about my horrible father who used to manhandled her several times in his drunken state.

"Schedule a meeting him with Mr. Castor," he orders, "we have a lot to discuss."

"Yesterday you mentioned that the bid was a set up to draw you out. Are you suggesting that Mr. Castor may be the creater of it?"

"The chances of his involvement seems high or if I say truthfully, then it's unpredictable. He formerly worked for the Blake's and then created his own empire. It's hard to distinguish where his loyalty lie." He sigh again. "And I never told about the bid to anyone. It was confidential upto you and me and Mr. Castor," And Roseline, I thought. "He may have told about my interest in that particular land to Blake's. That is why he was hell bent on purchasing it and he did purchase it." He hissed at his last statement and every time he mentions Blake.

"Blake's your business rival. Is that just market battle or something personal?" I ask him, hoping to receive some answers because maybe if I find a reason that he'll believe me, I will tell him the conversation we had last night by the pool, but on the contrary, his jaws tighten, fist clenched.

So I was right. They have some personal issue.

Something 'bout YOU (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara