Final Chapter: 91

Seeing Edward in front of me struck like a bolt of lightning.

"Apologies!" He grinned, leaning at the doorway of the bathroom."Your boyfriend's asleep."

I ran toward the door but I stopped when he broke something. I turned to see the china tea set in pieces. He scares me. He scares me to the core of my heart. I wouldn't deny it if he asked me to say that aloud.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask. The dumbest question. Of course, I know what the bloody hell he wants. But I need to stall. Stall enough to make a move.

Edward glanced at me with an obvious look. It was too late.

I reached back for the doorknob, my hands encircling the small ball when Edward caught me. I let out a scream as he jerked me back inside the room. I landed on the fluffy carpet that was spread in the middle of the room.

"Now you don't wanna want this to be harder." Edward glared as I tried to catch my breath. The impact of being hit was painful. My eyes almost swell up with tears. "Your boyfriend looks like a dead bunny. But you can do better!"

"To hell with you!" I shrieked and let out another attempt to drag anyone's attention to this room. Someone needs to hear us. Klaus was out and I'm sure Edward was way out of my shoes. One smack and I'll be lying in the corner.

"You shout," He brandished the knife in his hand, then arched at Klaus. It was a hand away from his neck. "He is dead for good this time."

Shit shit shit!

"Now I want whatever that traitor bitch Thea gave you." He clarified his intention. The flash drive was safely shoved in my jeans. I wouldn't let him get it.

"I don't have even the slightest idea what you are talking about." I lied my ass off, hoping he wouldn't catch me. Edward is too difficult to deceive.
Sometimes I think he was just born to a son of Satan.

"Do I look like someone with no brains, Caroline?" His voice slithered like a poisonous snake. "I didn't come here alone."

My eyes widened. I had forgotten I was still lying on the floor.

As I stood up I told him. "You think I care."

"And you think I'm all up for some fucking bullshitting." He growled, stepping closer to me.

My eyes lingered at the door. I don't know if Edward had gotten a chance to lock it. Besides, our odds of getting out of here are slim as thin threads. One mistake and god knows what price I'm paying.

Edward reached for me, grabbed my upper arm, then slammed me on the wall. He stood in front of me and I couldn't have been any more scared. His manners of treating women with a little delicacy had flung out of the door. He was being ruthless and cranky.

His eyes screamed madness. "I repeat, hand me over the fucking documents or evidence or whatever shit you have."

My body shuddered as I moved to my right when he slammed me back. Something next to me fell as soon as my hand crashed with the thing kept on the side table. Edward didn't care about the noise. I only prayed someone heard it.

"You are way over your head if you think there might be an escaping." He said.

I prayed to God above me. "I...have...n..nothing." My voice had broken like shattered pieces of glass. I was crying. It was too much to take in. I wanted to scream so loudly and so badly but my heart and mind automatically redirect towards Klaus.

Edward leaned closer that I could feel his breath fanning my wet face. "Elvis told me Thea left with something. My men saw you two at the cafè. Both of them can't be wrong about the same thing."