Chapter 44

The moment we stepped into the enormous field which is filled with students and my ears went deaf. The music is so loud and bass is so unpleasant that my head began to vibrate. Selena has entwined her fingers with mine and she drags me to bunch of people I've never seen in three years of my college life. Mandy is sticking together like glue and gave hive fives to her super weird buddies the whole way. She would sometimes hug them or snatch their drinks then gulp them down at once.

All I do was watching her with wide eyed. What a nightmare! If I didn't  already have an escape plan, I'd really start going crazy here.

And my plan is simple, first—hunt Brian down, second—steal my phone, and third—get the hell out of here.

So I scan the whole ground for like 20th time in last 10 minutes and still there's no brown hair and brown eyes guy. Hell, I don't even see any of Brian's friend. The grip of selena tightens when I tried to move away. God, this woman won't let go my hand  until she squeezed it hard enough to split into two piece. And I think she's is aware that I'm not enjoying her company and I'm trying to elope.

Another swarm of drunkers escalated in front of us. They all have muscular body and great biceps. For any girl they all are sight seeing guys but for me, they are just other demons in my nightmare who came only to spoil my mood more.

They clang their alcohol bottles with eachother after offering one to Selena and other to Mandy. I instantly denied when one was passed to me. No way I'm getting drunk and end up looking a freak life them, or worse, loose my virginity to someone behind the bushes or a car or someone's apartment. The idea only gave goosebumps.

As the music changed once again, the students gave a loud squeaking cheers to the football team for their spectacular performance each year. The fire has been already ignited, so it seems we have arrived very late. Few girls walk past us, almost stumbling into each other wearing jerseys.

Meanwhile, the crowd doubled. I dont believe how people go crazy just to have plenty of free alcohol. Yes, mostly bonfire are organized with the rich brats who spend grands to bring alcohol at the college ground. Even the authorities aren't bother about the amount of money is spent on it. You can sometime see coach having shots with their favorite players at some corner.

"Cheers!" Selena and her newly turned friends-hooligans raise another toast. A boy slid his hand around Selena's waist and for the first time in last 20 minutes she let go of my hand.

I look at my sore and sweaty wrist and didn't miss the mark of her fingerprints. Since my hand is free, I better dodge them off and find Brian. Thats the first thing I've to do. With him, getting my phone back isn't difficult.

The guy who held Selena now attempted to kiss her. Firstly she backed away but shortly after, she smashes her lips with his. The group echoes. "Ooooohhhh!"

Taking advantage of the situation and distraction, I disappeared into the crowd, away from them. First I was happy for this much crowd as it will save me from the eyes of Selena but then cursed it because it will take hours to search Brian.

While shoving people out of way, I ran into so many people twice or thrice or even more. One of the girl also spilled her drink on my flats. Muttering her story, I again strode off to another direction. What took me like hours, I couldn't find him. This is frustrating because after hunting for such a long time, I got nothing.

Panting, I decided to gave up but looks like god has some other and better plans for me. Across the field, near the gate is standing a dark skinned guy, Brad. He is roommate with Brian and a computer genius, a software creater. He's so dedicated to his work that he wouldn't even attend classes for months. The only time he comes to college when he has to submit assignments or exam.