Chapter 60

We are running through the park, mostly behind the tree, in order to not get caught. At some moments, it was kind of fun to me because I broke into several smiles during the chase.

Boss was freaking confused at my behavior but restrained himself from commenting or anything. But the moment we suspect someone is close enough to catch us, my heart skips a beat.

Our entwined hands are warmer now as the boss didn't let it go for a second. And I don't know if I am crazy or not but I have been having stupid thoughts since the moment he held my hand. We spent more anticipated time like hiding any place we could get. The sun has almost risen and everything is now clear. The fog is hardly an issue. Between that time we have spotted three goons hunting for us.

Right now, we are sitting beside each other behind a huge rock that is stuck between two trees. I am comfortably clutching onto the boss, and if he notices which I don't want him, I'm looking like a freaking tomato.

When I saw a dog running toward us, I got scared and literally hugged him for a second before he jerked, taken aback.

"What the hell-"

Ignoring him, I simply grab a small stone to hit the man who came toward us following the dog. Because I'm not falling into another trap. This goon thinks he can play an owner of a lost puppy and catch us, I better give him a fight. I got up and was ready to charge when my boss grabbed my hand.

"There is a kid behind him." He shouted and I look up. He was actually running behind the man, yelling a name, probably his dog's name.

The man seemed startled when he saw me holding a stone that was directed at him. He is in his thirties and the kid I guess is his son.

"What do you think you are doing?" The man asks before his new dog climbs onto me. I quickly drop down my hand, then the stone. The kid stared wildly at me too.
"I was having a walk with my new dog because my son couldn't wait to play with him." He explained further.

"Do you have a phone?" Boss did not bother to explain our side of the story and get to the main thing. The bloody phone that's gonna save our asses. And now that man, after he hands over his phone to the boss with half approvement pushes his son to his side and eyes us from up and down.

Yup! Dresses still damp. Don't need to fucking remind me. I'm still goddammed cold.

Since we got the phone, things escalated very quickly. Boss called several people, including police and minutes later, they arrived at the spot. I wasn't expecting this quick escape from killers. Where are they now??

Turns out the cops were looking for us since midnight because someone reported the mishappen that took place at the bridge. Not the shots, but the barrier killers managed to put and stop the travelers. The whole media knows about it too and cops are around the city in search of us.

Shortly after, the whole family arrived. My mom, Brian and surprisingly his so-called girlfriend, Mandy or I must say Amanda and the boss's family, including Mr. Castor.

Questions were raised upon us about our well being as Brian and mom ran straight toward me, followed by Mandy. Since I was already dropping cold, brian handed me his jacket sensing my miserable state as I see Kol, Klaus's brother doing exactly for him while the blonde sister is hugging him. All of a sudden, a warm gush feeling just sprang my entire body.

I should thank him for his part because we save each other at various times. and it's not about owing or anything to each other but I just like the sound of it.

Her sister departed, met eyes with me and trust me, they are not welcoming.
She is just watching me intently while mom is asking a bunch of things and little did she know that I only heard the last sentence. "We were dead scared!"

"I'm fine, mom!" I tore away my eyes from the blonde sister to back at my mom.

"I hope you are good, Miss Forbes!" Heavy voice of Mr. Castor interrupt me when once again I fixed my eyes at the boss who I guess is thanking the guy that miraculously arrived and saved us. I wonder where the hell are those murderers? Did they flee? Or watching us from some corner?

"I'm just cold. Mom this is Mr. Castor, my boss's partner in the new project. And Mr. Castor this is my mom!" I stare at both and turns out they don't need any introduction as they are starting at each other for so long and actually for not in the appropriate way. Either my mom knows who Mr. Castor is or they both know each other.

"It's good to see you again, Elizabeth." Mr. Castor greeted.

Mom replied, almost sounding pathetic. "I wasn't expecting to see you."

"Well, the world's really small. Surprises are evident!" He said and I feel the urge to interrupt, but the police came before with boss and their family behind him.

"Miss. Forbes, Mr. Mikealson already told me everything he knew. Do you know my further more than that, like, you notice something else that may help us."

"Umm, I can't exactly tell. We were almost knocked out and spent the night in complete darkness. The one we encountered this morning did not have anything specific that I could tell. It's all that you know."

The sheriff wasn't very much pleased to hear that, I can tell. And I can understand why. We didn't have much clue to help catch those bastards. However, the boss seemed as if he has other plans.

"What do you need is that get an arrest warrant of Edward Blake. There's no one else who could go this bloody far" He grunted.

"Sherrif Donovan, there is no need of that, " the boss's father interjected. I haven't noticed until now the absence of Mr. Mikealson. He joined our little crew with so much exhaustion plastered on his face. Boss opened his mouth to say something but his father dismissed him silently. "I'm done talking to media, and sheriff, I don't want anyone lurking around my home or miss Forbes to know about this little mishappen. I have had enough of this crap. No media near us. and about Edward, I would personally pay a visit to the station to tell you what to do and what not. And right now, your kids need to go back home before you worsen your health. "

Mom agreed in a flash as she squeezed my hand to push me away from everyone and rushing to the car after she murdered some thanking words and appreciating Mr. Mikealson word by word. She was more anxious than me.

We reached our car when Brain hugged me and promised me to meet me later while I recover my health because I was losing my shit already. It was just that I am surrounded by people I know I'm safe made me stand somehow. Mandy too, wishes me to get well soon and now I notice her appearance closely. Like the other day, she doesn't look like that at all. She looks much more sincere and fake less.

They both bid me bye and went to their car. Mom opens the door for me as I bend down to sit at the passenger seat, Mr. Mikealson and Kol walk to us.

"Can I have a word with you, Mrs. Forbes?" Mr. Mikealson politely asks my mom who was completely bewildered.