Chapter 48

"Stay still and quiet," He orders me, "I'm going to take my hand off. Do you understand me."

I nod instantly and he remove both of his hand from my mouth and hand. I breath and look at my sore wrist. He storm out of the bathroom and I hear screeching voice of curtains being pulled away.

"What happened here?" The heavy voice which I think is his father ask.

"It was the air." I hear my boss tell him.

"I don't think so. You just pulled the curtains. What the hell is going on, Klaus?" His father yells.

"Not happening right now but I assure you something big is going to come. And its only on you and him." Boss growled in his infamous voice. Cut and clear which he exactly use it when he has to show immense authority, even to the people he is acquainted, not bossy.

"You are out of your mind!" His father yells, this time putting more pressure on his voice.

Life is bitch! It screws you at misery, turning you the most pathetic. And right now, it's we, the three people completely out of track. The father who wants to protect himself from himself. The son that wants to rule the world and tear those apart who dare to threaten him and then there's me. The most screwed of all! How the hell I end up in here? Out of all room, just this. His room where boss can strangle me for eavesdropping without getting noticed.

Screw my life.

"I think you should better leave." Boss snapped. His voice sound killing.
" it's getting too late, actually far late to make it up again. You failed father. You failed!"

"Indeed! But I know how to make things better, not right but better!"

I hear door snap shut. Not even I get a little time to flush relief through my veins, the  bathroom door flungs open, almost knocking me back in shock. Boss appears, grabs my hand and drag me out. It happened so fast that everything looked blur.
He threw me at the chair just beside his dressing table and leaned at me.

"What the bloody hell are you doing at my house and that too in my room?" He hoarses and motioned when I tried to get up from the chair, I get shoved back.

I think I heard him breathing in 'tell me now or I will kill you to death' something.

"I ....I." And that's it. I don't know what to say. Kol brought me here and it would be unfair to admit that he brought me in the middle of the night which is very secretly. Moreover I can't throw him under the bus, not after we decided that he will take me back before anyone will come know about me. I exhaled slowly, trying to calm my already wrecked nerves.

"What happened? Lost for words, haven't you?" His expression magnifies into something people call deadly. "Didn't you thought you'd be caught. I thought I was suspecting the right person. And here you are right in front me."

"What are you saying?" I was completely baffled. What does he means by that? Whom he was suspecting?

"If you think your innocent pretending look is going to get you away with this, then you have other things coming!"

"Wait, what are you talking about?"

"Are you telling me everything or should I call the police?"

"Police? Are you kidding? I was just using the bathroom and I didn't meant to eavesdrop but I can't really shut my ears off." I try to reason him. His eyes dilated, then flickered and next moment I was dragged up, my arms clutched under his hands.

"What did you heard?" Looked like he had forgotten about it and I reminded him. 
Screw you, Caroline. You are stupid, completely stupid.

I look at my arms when he squeezed them hard.

"Answer me, dammit!"

"All of it!" I answered quickly.

"You're with him." He asked. Did he know I am with Kol? I mean not that way but right now I'm with him, the other way which is defined as non- relationship but friends stage. Suck it up, what the hell are you thinking?

"Yes!" I answer without realizing what I just said. Oh my god, I'm in trouble, Kol's in trouble, my job's in trouble, my life's in trouble. So much is in trouble for last two days.

"Then we might need to finish it right now." He snapped and drag me out of the room. My eyes began to water as I imagine how my life is going to shatter. The spray part is I am not going to have carrier further. I didn't even applied for further in training institute but left everything for this job. I handled my work, Roseline, Crystal, even him, I survived a month. Then how come I failed today?

"Sir please don't do it. It's just a mistake. It won't happen again and I'll stay away from him." I beg when we crossed the threshold of his room. He stopped and looked at me.

"The one before you said the same."

"I don't know what you are saying? But don't say anything to him. It was all me, not him."

"You're defending him!"

"He's your brother!" I remind him.

"Edward's not my brother." He shouted as he pinned me against the wall. I was taken aback, not because he pushed me back but we were talking about the same thing but of two different person and none of us seems to realize it in between.

"I wasn't talking about Edward, I was talking about—"

"Me!" Says a voice behind him. Boss releases my hand immediately if the voice electrified him. He turned abck and we saw Kol standing few feet away, holding pair of clothes in his hand and wearing a expression of complete puzzlement.