Chapter 88

The flight from New York to Melbourne was exhausting but I can tell this beautiful place is worth the wait and fatigue.

And I can tell street art is one of the things I'm in love with.

The sun has set so stars are sparkling upon us. The endless skyline and buildings shining with lights enchanted me. I've never been out of the States because I never thought I would. Even billboards fascinated me.

"Still admiring the view, I see!" Klaus interjects. Currently, we are inside his rented BMW with a driver.

Klaus has been mumbling things for the last five minute but I won't pay much attention. My eyes somehow ended up on the roads and buildings.

"The place is never going away, " he says again. "But what is slipping out of our hands is time. So get your head in the game. You'll have your whole life to be anywhere and see whatever or however long you want. I'll make sure of that."

His last words were enough to make me look at him. There was something in his way of talking that gave me the idea. The idea of us, at some point together.

I just want him to say it loud, like so loud.

"Umm, " I wait for him to finish wherever he was going to. Instead, he stared back, looking confused.

Maybe he didn't realize what he said or meant!

He cleared his throat. "I have had Kol do some digging about Elvis Blake and after some help with Miss Bennet, they have his location."

I was impressed to hear that. "That's great. Let's go get him."

"Hold your horses, " he seems to disagree. "We can't just show up at his doorstep without even considering what next could happen."

"What could happen?" I ask just to get some ideas.

"There are good chances he knows about me."

"Everyone knows about you." I started the fact. "I meant every businessman. You and your dad have made quite the name around the globe."

"That's not what I exactly meant." He raises his brows. "Elvis might be aware of my and Edward's personal rivalry and we are not sure if Elvis would side with his brother or someone who is willing to take him down for good."

"We can never know until we go find about it," I stated. "Obviously, you want to be super cautious but there are no shortcuts.  We gotta get through the hard way sooner or later."

"Wise words." He mutters and gets back to his MacBook. I watch him quietly as he opens up Elvis's website and social media accounts.

He scrolls through his profile only to slow down at the pictures of him with his wife, Thea.

I glance to see his off guarded face, a sign of regret, a little pain and so much more than I could comprehend. Between all these planning and our trip, I forgot he will have to face her and relive his memories of her.

It only makes me feel insecure.

"Oh, crap," Klaus grumbles, bringing me out of my thoughts. "A ball?"

"A ball what?" I query, staring at the screen again.

"Oh thank God. The date beneath it is a week ago." He talks to himself. I only anticipate before his thumb stopped dead on the MacBook.

"It's still worse. They are not available tonight." He looks at me.

"They aren't home?" I guess.

"They are attending a celebration party tonight at Markel's mansion." He answered me, showing the picture of Elvis and Thea holding the invitation card and captioning the gratitude of being part of it. He went on. "I don't think bustling right now is going to do any good. They won't even wait much to hear or understand everything."