Chapter 16

"What the hell just happened?" Caroline slammed the champagne glass. Klaus who heard her sentence just chuckled as he walked over to the bar where Mr. Castor was flirting with his secretary. His eyes glanced at the twins and then back to Mr. Castor. Behind her, a beautiful woman stood. Her silver short dress perfectly hugged the body. She leans her back on the counter seductively, fingers playing with her bourbon glass. She then took a sip and licks her lips. Klaus smirk and went straight to her.

"Rose," Klaus called her and sat beside her. Roseline licks her lips again and plants a kiss on Klaus's pink and soft lips.

"I'm sorry. I was stuck in traffic." She tells him and slides away from the glass. Her hands now slipped upon his chest as she gets closer to him. Klaus held her by the waist.

"Who is this pretty woman?" Asked Alberto Castor. Klaus and Roseline titled their head in his direction.

"Girlfriend!" Roseline answered instantly.

"Definitely not the girlfriend!" Klaus intervened. "I don't do girlfriends. I can be with who I want without some stupid title!" He stated proudly but kept his tone firm and casual. Roseline frowns but didn't said a word against him. She knew Klaus never called her girlfriend or any of the other girls he hooks with. She was at least relieved when he didn't name her as his mistress.

"Why don't we hit the dance floor?" She said to them and they nodded happily. Mr. Castor took his secretary and Roseline drag Klaus with him. Klaus couldn't help it but smile at Roseline. He knew she's mad at him for not agreeing with her. For Klaus, he'll be the one the way he wanted himself to be. He will not change for anyone. Not even for his future wife.

The music went up and Roseline moves her body with the rhythm. She runs her fingers against Klaus' chest while Klaus ran down his hand from her shoulder to her hips. They kiss often, smiling in between.

Roseline was enjoying the proximity when suddenly she saw a blonde coming in her direction. Caroline! Her smirk grew wide. "I'll be back!" She whispered to him, her lips touching his earlobe. Klaus nodded and she left.

Just a second passed alone, Eileen joined Klaus. They entwined their fingers. "I've heard a lot about you," Eileen exclaimed after he spun her once and rested his hand around her slender waist.

"You're quite young for handling business deals, aren't you?" He asked. From the moment he saw twins he wanted to know that because he himself had joined his father's business at a very young age. What's their story?

Eileen chuckled lovingly. "Dad doesn't believe in having just bookish knowledge. After all, those words are scribbled down from reality. He wants us to learn practically, to see through the things that are not written in books or what's not taught in colleges. So, Jason and I joined the business. Our father made sure we participate in every business activity."

"I like it." Klaus praised. Eileen said well and true. Business is way too different from what it is described in books or taught by professors. Having a qualification is no doubt, important but it has its limitations. Fortunately, Klaus is well versed in both bookish and practical knowledge. He would have any ideas where, to begin with, if you ask anything about the business. His experience serves him better. "Although, I doubt Blake's let you go this easily. I mean your father served him for years and worked with him side by side. So it's quite hard to digest he's willing to take the rivalry for a casino venture." Klaus asked and Eileen was absolutely quiet. Klaus studied her. She felt for a moment that Klaus was trying to get extra information out of her. She took a quick glimpse of his father and then looked back at Klaus.

She was puzzled and he felt it, too. Perhaps, she didn't know that. Maybe not even her brother.

"I don't know! We never questioned dad's decision." Eileen said. She wanted to dismiss the conversation. Klaus once again spun her. He didn't ask further. After a minute ago, Mr. Castor came.

"We shall leave then." He said to his daughter and Eileen nodded. Jason joined his father. "So, Mr. Mikealson. See you soon!"

Klaus passed him a smile and nodded. The Castor's were out of his sight, he ordered a drink and gulp it down his throat in a one time. He checked the time and it was 11:25. The club was more crowded. It was not easy to get away from one corner to another corner without being tumbled by several drinkers.

"Fucking bastards!" He muttered under him breathe and saw Roseline sipping champagne. His grin drew back as he walked and stood beside her.

"I thought you went to restroom!" He said. Roseline roll his eyes at him and batted her eyelashes. Klaus leaned and kissed her plump lips. He felt the sizzling taste of champagne on her lips. They sat on the same couch where he finalized the deal earlier.

Roseline frowned when all of a sudden, he broke the kiss. His green-blue eyes scanned the surrounding. Caroline was nowhere to see. He bolted up and looked everywhere.

"Where is she?" He asked. Roseline thought he's asking from an invisible person.

"I don't know! She must be here somewhere!" She rolled her eyes.
"Pathetic bitch!" She hissed and Klaus glared. So, she rolled her eyes away from him. Klaus went into the crowd to search her. He spins around every blonde woman he saw in the crowd but she was nowhere. He panicked.

He brought her and now he lost her. Roseline was watching him furiously. Her plan to shoo Caroline away from Klaus failed. Instead of getting his time for her, Caroline's absence got his attention. He saw him digging his phone out from his pocket and calling someone. The someone was Caroline. She gritted her teeth.

Klaus dialed the number for the second time but no answers. He frowned and dig his fingers into his dirty blonde hair. Roseline saw him talking to the bouncer who waved his hand at the exit. Klaus got out and she followed while cursing the blonde.

"The bouncer saw her leave," he informed her when she came next to him. "You go this way. I'll go this way!" He instructed her.

"I'm not searching for her and neither should you. She must have gone home by now!"

"I brought her and asked her to stay! She must be somewhere here!"

"You know you have a unique way of conversing with people!" Roseline regretted her words but Klaus didn't respond. She realized that Klaus is tensed and furious at the same time on the same person. He parted from her to search Caroline. He walks past a few meters when he found four people arguing about something. One of them held a broken alcohol bottle.

Klaus wanted to walk away but then decided to ask them if any of them saw his PR. When he was a few inches away, the one who held the broken bottle saw him.

"What do you want?" He scowled at him. Klaus took a step back when he smelled alcohol. The smell was so strong as if he dipped himself in a pool of liquor.

"Have you seen a young woman with spectacles! Blonde hair! Yea height!" He asked them. Those men's exchanged their looks and grinned.

"Are you also looking for that hot chick!" Another one exclaimed. His eyes were horny like the rest of them, his words breaking but yet he managed to say lustfully. "I swear if I got my hands on her I'll....." He couldn't finish the sentence because Klaus smacked him. He falls down, starling the other three drunken. They motioned fastly to grip Klaus but he was fast. He snatched the broken bottle and slashed the men who were holding it on his cheeks.

The men cried and backed down. The others were afraid. Even though they were four, they can't overpower him as they were heavily drunk.
"Where is she?" Klaus growled, keeping the broken pieces tightly in his grip. Roseline came running and stood beside him, her mouth wide open.

"She ran away before we can catch her. We saw her leaving in a cab!" Said the one whose body was covered with heavy chains and pendant. He had a tattoo inked on his neck.

Klaus threw the glass away and pull out his purse. After slamming a couple of hundred dollars on the wounded drunken, he left fuming.  Roseline followed quietly. Klaus gets inside his car along with Roseline and drove it away.

_____________