Chapter 39

"What games are you trying to play Mr. Castor," My boss growls at him the moment he walked in. I see his temper rising.

"I'm really not certain what you mean by that." Replied Mr. Castor's in calm tone. He occupied the chair in front of my boss and crossed his legs while I'm watching both of them and it looks that they have forgotten that I'm here, too.

"I assume you'd heard the auction."

"Edward won. Talk of the Town. What can be more enrapturing news when it involves Mikealsons and Blakes."

"You told my PR about the bid and I made it confidential. Not even my real estate manager knew about it and yet somehow Edward came to know about it when I personally talked to the owner who informs me that Blake's haven't applied for the auction." Boss get up from his chair and walk toward him and stopped a feet away from him."I'm beginning to suspect your intentions. Are you trying to become an another pawn of Blake's?"

Mr. Castor's raise his head to look at my boss. His facial expressions were blank and hard to read but I saw him tightening his fingers into a ball but soon relaxed them."If by 'another pawn' you mean 'another Thea Collins' then I assure you I've severe all of my ties with Blake's. I already told you I want a clean business."

"I find it hard to believe. Of all years why you suddenly decided to cut them off your life and make an alliance with us." His dangerous glare is fixed on Mr. Castor while interrogating. I think that Edward really drove him at the edge, and what does he mean by an 'another pawn'. And why Mr. Castor's referred it Thea, the sex scandalous girl. What she had to do with all of these?

"My hands are clean," Mr. Castor defend himself, " and I think that's not an appropriate place to discuss about long gone Miss Collins." He darted his brown eyes at me and I quickly look away, pretending that I wasn't listening and began to admire the chocolate coloured walls.

"Miss Forbes," it's boss and I look at him, "you can go home if you want to."

"Really?" I was surprised and happy when again he approves.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," interrupted Mr. Castor when I turned on my heels at the exit. "Since we are discussing Edward, I suggest her presence here," I now look straight at Mr. Castor. Why do he need me to be here? And that's when he answered. "... especially when Edward threatened her." He finished his sentence and I swallowed. My boss's  eyes are fixed at me; absolutely dumbfounded. It's not that I never intended to tell him but I didn't wanted him to know about this through another person. Mr. Castor's didn't came here to warn about Edward but brought my death sentence at the hands of my boss. I give an innocent look but nothing's really working. His baffled expressions worn out and now are replace with anger because I had lied, twice.