Chapter 67

"You worked at an NGO, didn't you?" Edward asked as he pulls out something from his pocket.

"I did," I answer and watch him signaling his man. He appeared with a laptop. Again, I am daze. Like they have prepared everything up.
He inserts the Pendrive in the MacBook. Anyways I tell him further. "NGO was the reason I got to work with your brother, I think."

"How come?" He asked, eyes fixed on the Macbook.

I mused, thinking every detail. "I don't know. I was working and all of a sudden Mrs. Kensforth told me that a company wants to employ me. She told me she recommended my profile. "

"Is that it?" Edward raised his brows. "Like you ever thought how did that happen. A girl with no complete degree and proper training gets recommended at a very big company."

"Maybe they knew I didn't need one." I spat.

"Maybe or maybe not." He stated, then turned the laptop to me. It was a profile of a girl who I recognized to be Mrs. Kensforth's daughter. "You know who she is. Her daughter. She is has a liberal arts degree, two years Secretarial training and yet she ignores her daughter and sends you. Wow, that's pretty ironic, isn't it?"

Okay. He has a good point but not enough for me to convince what he claims.

"Maybe she doesn't want to work there?" I reason. It can't be just true because if I believed him and later I find that it was a lie, then I'm gonna have a hell of a heartbreak. God, why? And how?

Meanwhile, Edward typed something else, then showed me. "This is her fashion blog. And you can see she has promoted various Mikealson's products. So your theory about her being not interested fails."

"Fine, I see your point but that doesn't make any sort of conclusion. What the hell are you playing at? Why don't you just tell me once and final?"

"I was getting to that part, too but I want to show you proofs for everything. I dug them myself because I was shocked too when I was told about his little infatuation."

"Then spill. You are getting me on my nerves."

"As per me, I think the NGO is the place Niklaus first met you! It has to be. You don't have any other sort of connection than this ."

"Connection?"

"Oh god, you are such a stupid girl." He rolls his eyes." Did you ever know who runs that NGO?"

"Mrs. Kensforth. She was always there and every important thing happened only after she permits. And my work was to help them. I wasn't part of the management. I was just, a volunteer."

"Mrs. Kensforth is the head Volunteer who maintains and watches over the working. The NGO is Klaus's. Back in 2014, he made a huge donation, earning his place as the Board of Directors. There are two, he is one of them. He even frequently visits there, anonymously, obviously, otherwise, you'd known this. After all, you do manage his daily schedule, don't you?"

"I swear there wasn't a time when I saw him there."

"You must have. You just don't remember him. As I said, he is very anonymous about it. Even the media doesn't know."

"Then how the hell you came to know about it?"

"I have my insider which you don't need to know."

Insider? Holy crap? Is he serious? I gaped at him. This man is so nuts and dangerous. Does the boss know about it? Was he in front of us the whole time but works for him?

This clicked me another thing. Thea! Yes! Kol had told me that she eas Edwards spy.  But now there is another!

"I don't believe you," I say, pretending to be unknown to everything. Edwards needs to buy that so I can tell my boss about it. He has to know. Only if, if I am able to face him. Because right now, I'm so confused.
One part of me thinks he is saying the truth but the other one is not even considering it.

"You should! I know it's all confusing to you that all of a sudden someone tells you that the guy you like happens to like you back."

"I don't like him." I decline. He can't know that, too.

"Your cheeks are red the whole time. And it's pretty clear you are attracted to him, too."

"You know what. Enough of this. I don't believe a word you say, Edward. In fact, you'd be happy to know I'm not going to be working with them anymore. So stop this sick game."

"I can bet that Klaus won't let you go."

"If there was any sort of truth in your story, then you'd known this he did offer me to resign after you threatened me," I remember this vividly. Boss told me to leave me.

"He was trying to protect you from me. Like in Brooklyn when I held your hand and later with the attackers and all. Trust me my brother is so good at hiding emotions. He will never ever let anyone know how how to feel. After all, you are the first girl to get his attention."

He is speaking anything to convince me. Like anything?

"For the first and last time, I'm telling you. I don't want to have anything to do with you or anyone who is related to you. You tried to kill me." I challenge.

"So what if I did!" He accepts, making my eyes wide. I knew this already but it made my stomach tie in knots when he actually confesses. "I gave you warnings. I even texted you the morning you were going. You ignored and  it was your loss."

"You'll go to jail. Your own brother will make sure of it."

"You shouldn't be worried about that, sweetheart. Stick to your word and leave. If you manage to get out of Klaus's life, I promise we would never cross path again but If you stayed or he made you stayed, I'll go for you, too."

"You are threatening me again?" I know he is.

He scoffs."I think I'm."

I glare at him, gritting my teeth. "You are crazy!" And I sprint toward the door. I had the idea that our conversation had ended and this time, no one held my hands or block my ways. I finally get to go away from him.

When I went to my car, I didn't wait to stay there for a second and hit my destination. I can't tell you there are hundreds of things going on in my mind. Back and forth, I try to think of any of the moments where I had felt even the slightest feelings of my boss toward me. Turns out, it was all cold and stone.

He really doesn't give a damn. All I could muster was my boss making out with Random women, his suspicious eyes when he found me in his room and how he called me selfish when I asked about his and Edwards rivalry in the woods after the attack.

My phone was ringing repeatedly and I didn't even look to see who it was.

Mom wants me to give her the good news that I've resigned. But Edward said boss won't let me. If that is the truth, then I can get proof for myself.

Either it will be a heartbreak which I think is certainly going to happen or the last thing I expect, that he may have feelings somewhere beneath his cold looks.

----------

Vote and comment!