Chapter 32

From the moment the owner announces Edward Blake the winner, I feel my boss's blood shot eyes in a single glimpse. The glass he held under his palm is now laminated due to the extreme force he applied onto it. The noise was covered with the thunder of claps people were giving to Edward Blake. I don't how but somehow my boss managed to stay in his place when Edward gave his speech after winning. It was clear in his voice that he was taunting Klaus Mikealson. People actually glanced at us when he indirectly mention the loss of my boss.

I've been quiet, even when he broke the glass. The piece are now scattered on the ground and their's hardly a scratch in his hand. Saying few words is not gonna help him. The rage he is holding back makes me fear that if I dare to speak a word, he's gonna rant all of it on me.

Once again the surrounding is filled with claps as the speech ends. My boss immediately leaves the place but not without pushing the table a bit. I guess if I wasn't sitting here, he must have broke it too, just like the glass. I watch him as his heavy steps are making his way out of here. I look at Edward whose eyes are now fixed at me. He raises his Champagne glass, gives me another one his intimidating and taunting look. I look away. Eye to eye battle is not I am going to start.

Just not even a minute passed, Edward announces a celebration and claims to pay for everything on his behalf due to his spectacular win. People are now cheering, praising and drinking. The scenery has now changed and some of are also dancing with the slow music by the pool. There aren't much couples but still they are enjoying with whomever they are with.

Since I have nothing to do here, I decided to find my boss and see what his temper says. If it's high, I'll better crash my room and wait until he orders for the next move.

I pick my phone and get up to go but my fate has something else stored for me. My boss's brother is standing just a feet away from me. He's wearing a black tuxedos with a black bowtie upon his white shirt. I can't help but smile at him.

"Have you seen Klaus?" He ask sweetly.

His question made me think to answer carefully. Do I have to tell him that what had happened in last hour and that he left as he can't handle one loss. I think not. His brother seems sweet and nice and I should let my boss tell everything in his perspective. I have no part between both brothers.

"He left about 5 minutes ago" I answer.

"Damn!" He run his hand upon his hair. "I should have come on time."

"Why are you even late then? I think you stayed in the hotel whole day." I'm being nosey, I know.

"Rebekah has some thing with a guy in her school. I had to intervene. That's what made me come late."

"Rebekah, your girlfriend?"

"No..no... She's actually my sister," I bit my lips when he corrected me.

"I'm so sorry then!"

"It's okay," he's so sweet to forgive me everytime I say something stupid. He's truly unlike his brother. The elder brother is bad tempered, impatient and aggrogant while the younger brother is a soft spoken, calm and sweet person. "Hey!!" He snaps me out of my thoughts. "That's my favorite song. Do you mind if I dance with you?"

"Dance with me?" I couldn't hide the surprise in my voice. He was a little taken aback at my lack of confidence.

"Yes a dance?" He extend his hands at me. His velvet soft voice pleaded.

I nod and place my hand with his. He take me near the group of other people dancing. His one arm slips around my waist and his another hand clasp mine. I rest my other one upon his shoulder. The distance between has now diminished and we are moving our body with the music.

"Thank you for saying yes miss....?"

"Caroline!" I tell him my name.

"Caroline, you look beautiful!" He compliments me and I blush. First feisty, now beautiful. Two words in one day, I can't believe it. The last time I heard them was three years back from Kevin's mouth who was faking it all from the beginning.

"Thank you sir,"

"Oh please! Call me kol," he again request with a sweet smile and twirl me around. "Understand." I nod and then we talk about each other. He tells me that he finished his MBA course from Harvard this year and is now training for various computer courses including hacking. He further tells me that he loves software designing and hacking. I praise him when he tells me that hacked his own computer when he was only 9 and has built a software that can track any phone from any corner of the world. Right now he's working in improving it and very soon he will launch it in the market.

Our talk was interrupted when his sister constantly calls him. He first ignore them but eventually have  to take it when it won't stop buzzing. She demands for his immediate summoning. Kol apologise to me and go to his sister.

Once again I'm alone so I walk out of the crowded place and finally spot my boss with a bunch of peoples. The noise of their laughter is what got my attention. I was surprised when I see Edward amoung them. What is my boss doing around them.? Should I go talk to him? Probably ask him our further steps. My mother has already called twice and I have messaged that I'm okay and will come back soon but when? Even I have no idea about it. The only one that can tell me is my boss who is now surrounded by bunch of peoples.

Another laughters is heard after Edward says something. My boss retaliates the same way and now people are launfing at Edward. They are shooting each other taunts. Then I'm outta here.

The last thing I want is to get in any kind of verbal fight. Edward has already threatened me and perhaps I should not push him to murder me the very next day if he's really capable of doing it.

___________

Vote and comment.