Chapter 83

"Going somewhere?" Klaus asks with a smirk. He's standing right in front of him, wearing his business suit, hands crossed.

"What are you doing here?" I query, thunderstruck. He was not supposed to find me here. No one.

"Funny!" He chuckles before snatching my ticket. "I was about to ask the same question."

I swallow. "Yeah. My mom is not well. I have to go and see her"

"You're my PR," he looks at me, his eyes metallic and cold. "And I didn't see your leave application on my desk."

"It is important. I think I could use my emergency leave privileges." While I tell him, I have to struggle in keeping the track of my time mentally. Besides, he shouldn't suspect a thing.

"Not when you ran out of them." His goddamn confidence oozes out his demeanor. "You've had a month off after the attack. Your privileges have ended."

Is he for real?

Anyway, I have to argue my way out o here. "I still have to go. I won't mind getting my salary deducted for this."

"That's not your call to make, Miss Forbes." He moves closer, making me step back. The car is stopping me. "Where have you been last night?"

"I was at my home." I lie. I have to. This is how it must go. "My home!"

"Really?" He leans toward me and I try not to look at him. "Because the security guard told me you were heading to work"

"I changed my mind," I say quickly. This is getting hard. It seems like he knows more than I can possibly guess. But I have to distract. "I needed some distance after-after that night with what happened between us."

His moves back, thankfully. I sigh in relief. "That I understand. But you left with Wane and he never came back. Your phone was off and it still is."

I hold my phone tightly as I hear the announcement in the parking space. Time is slipping. "My flight is just a few minutes away. I have to go."

I wished my request would work but as I walk away from him, he grabs my arms, stopping me.

I glare. "What the hell-"

"Hey hey, hey. Don't worry." His voice becomes uncharacteristically softer. "I got your voicemail. I heard everything you said. You can tell me what has happened?"

Unbelievable! Rose said she had my voicemail deleted. How on earth this could happen? And if it did happen then Klaus must already know everything.

So I need to be convincing. God help me and Rose.

"As I said, nothing." I press, jerking to loosen his grip over me. "And that voicemail was crap."

His grips tightened. "You mentioned Rose about playing me."

"Again, it was false." I persuade.
" I was jealous and desperate. So I made it up"

He scowls. "You said you have proofs."

"I said leave me," I growl, narrowing my eyebrows ta him. "I have to go or else I'm gonna miss my flight."

As I finish, he unexpectedly frees me. My arms are sore with his fingermarks. Before I could process why he took his hands off me, I see him splitting my ticket into two.

"Are you serious?" I gape, completely stunned.

"I'm not!" He glares back, wearing the same cold again. "First, you gonna have to talk. The real talk. If I'm convinced, I'll take you to your mother myself."