Chapter 62

"Brian!" I squeal happily at him in surprise as he came to visit me. And I am surprised even more when I see Amanda with her. It is the next morning cause I have been sleeping for the whole day and night. The doctor came yesterday, checked me briefly and gave me medicines before I end up having severe typhoid. Since then, I was just sleeping and had only two bowls of soup in between as I had to take my medicines and mom made sure I take them in time.

The Doctor suggested me to skip my bath for today and wear comfortable warm clothes and have light-weighted food. I just finished my cooked potatoes and peas and Brian and Amanda arrived just in time when I served hot tea for me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Oh, I am so tired of this question. My mom bugs me literally every half an hour." I laugh and hear my mom shutting the main door downstairs. She had informed a while ago that her few orders are due for today. That means she would be busy for the day.

"But you don't look good. Your nose is red!" Brian argued as they cross the kitchen with Amanda and reach to my couch.

"My nose is running badly! I think I might die because of it!" I pout and put my tea back on the table so I can make two for them.

"You and dead?" Brian laughed, "you and Klaus Mikealson are making headlines for surviving the attack and night!"

But before I could say something, Amanda spoke for the first time. "They are everywhere."

I look up, bewildered. In front, stands Amanda who I remember as someone being one of the spoilt rich kids, but now she just looks so....sweet and like me.

"Umm...I should get tea for you two, too." I ignore her and got up. Soon Amanda stood up too making me very confused.

"I will do that. You have been through so much! Sit here. Brian told me that he has so much to tell you." Amanda sweetly says to me and walks to the kitchen and occupies herself there.

I raise my brows up at him suspiciously because last time we spoke about her girlfriend was just a disaster and hell of eye-opening stuff.

"Well..." He began when Amanda ask me where the sugar is. I answer her and brian goes on, "Remember when you told me that Amanda was mandy, as in Selena's roommate. After you left the car I just sat for God knows how long. I was thinking a lot. And then I turned my car and went straight to Manhattan without informing her that I was coming to her apartment. When I reach there she wasn't there. It was locked. I called her and asked her where she was and she said at her apartment. At that time I knew that you were right. Then I asked her that I am coming to see her. She kind of panicked but agreed.

I was waiting outside her apartment thinking why? Why on earth she was doing that stuff? What is she gonna get? For a second I thought she is playing some sort of prank or maybe small revenge because I had said once to her how ill-treated I was by Selena.

About an hour later when she arrived and saw me, everything was written on her face. The drained color in her face said it all. At first, she lied but couldn't lie longer and then she told me why! Why and what the hell she was thinking of doing?"

Brian stopped abruptly, then looked at Selena who was standing by the gas looking out the tea. I'm sure she knows what we are talking about that is why she never looked back. Brian took his eyes off her and continued a few seconds later when I insisted.

"For that first tell me do you remember the Halloween party in our sophomore year? We were at one of my friend's outhouse!"

It hit me hard and didn't take time to remember. Parties are my mini nightmare because I don't like them. It's less fun because it's just music and music everywhere.
"Yeah. I wasn't able to ditch the Halloween for the second time. Selena made sure of it. She wanted to see you so badly and no way she wanted to go alone. So she dragged my ass and it got worse because she was drunk and pushed a girl straight into a cold swimming pool. But why did you ask that?"