Chapter 38

He never gave me the answer of the question I asked. I wanted to repeat but I couldn't. Maybe it's for the best or maybe worst and he only knows that. I'm sure I'll find about it some day because it's not have been just a month and I've come to know so much about him— his success story, his childhood, his grandparents and now the business rivalry which is very personal.

I fixed the appointment of him with Mr. Castor's which is scheduled just after we will reach Brooklyn. I had forgotten that my car is still parked at the Mikealson's.
My phone is in airplane mode for hours and Mom had called me twice in the morning. I ignored her calls and save all of my words for home.

My boss again make a cup of coffee for himself. I want to tell him not to drink too much but he groans after every five minutes. I'm sure if a mosquito had bit him last night, it had died of alcohol poisoning. For a second, I mentally laughed at him for drinking too much when he can't handle that but then ignored to pass any comment on him.

To my surprise, he brings the coffee mug to me.

"Umm...?" My lips are zipped. I don't know what to say.

"Have it. You haven't eaten anything since we left from the hotel." He offers me the mug and I take it reluctantly. I am actually hungry. "The chef is preparing food. It will be ready in a minute."

He again lays back on his comfortable couch; his back leaning against it while his legs are spread across the couch and his MacBook is balanced upon his thighs. He keeps smashing those small white button of the MacBook and then type something in his iPhone and then again resumes working in MacBook.

I wrap my fingers tightly around the cup by both hands as if it would slip out of my hands. The hot aroma filled my nostrils and I realize I was craving for something to eat or drink. I immediately sip it carefully as it was really hot. It tasted amazing.

Just after a minute or two, boss's personal chef arrive with food. Upon the huge glass table which is clean as transparent ice, he put the food on it. My boss finally get rid his of his computer and stretch his arms. The chef set our plate and remove the lid from the platter.

My mouth draw open at the food. Everything look green. No hamburger, no grilled cheese, no noodles, just boiled vegetables, vegetable corn soups, vegetable sandwich and smoothie which was also light green.
I get it now that how he's able to manage his physique but I'm a skinny and I don't like green. I mean not this much of green.

I hope soup taste better. The chef serves all green and green things to his plate but not to me. Am I suppose to sit here and watch him eat it? Well that can be better than eat so much of mother nature. Surprisingly, the chef brings out another platter which I haven't noticed.

When he removed the lid, I was delighted to see steak chicken. It's for me I know. He served it. I like steak chicken, a lot.

I quickly finish my coffee and grab knife and fork. Boss has already started eating his food so I don't have to wait for him and cut out a small portion and bring it to my mouth. It tasted so great. Even my mom can't make it like this. My eyes then travelled to boss whose eyes are already fixed at me. I blink and stare while chewing my food. He was smiling at the corner of his lips.

"You really have a good choice of food." I appreciate him for taking a little effort and saved me from eating his preference of food.

"Actually you gave the idea,"

I raise my brows. "I?"

"Yeah," he sigh. " I saw you once eating these."

"And when did you saw me?"

"When you were eating!" He replies making me chuckle.

The rest of the lunch went in blur and fast. We didn't talk much. He just asked me if I fixed the meeting with Mr. Castor and I answered in positive.  The plane landed after thirty minutes on the roof of Mikealson's building. We get off the plane and walk to the elevator. My boss calls someone again and again but the other side of the person ain't responding.

Ding!

The lift door opens and we have finally reached our floor. It's 3:25 and I still have around 4 hours to kill. I badly want to go home and get rid of my clothes and change into something else. Just when I opened the door of my cabin, boss called my name.

"Caroline! In here!" He order to his cabin, so I oblige.

"Rose is not picking my phone," he tells me, "I guess she's still not over our last fight."

"So?"

"So, get a dozen of fresh red roses and send her."

"Sorry?" I scoff at his sick joke.

"Damn women," he makes an annoying face and walk toward me. He grab my one arm and pull me closer. I suck my breath for his sudden action and gaze his blue green eyes. The last night incident flooded my head but I push them away as he's now sober up. "Now listen.." he tapped my forhead. "You're my personal relation manager which means you will manage my social life with my personal life with my professional life." And with that he let go of my hand and walk away to his chair.
I was awestruck at his words. That's lot to take in. Seriously, by taking this job, I have taken up trouble on my head. Earlier I had to ignore his sexual life but now I have to mend them. God, you've got be kidding me? Seriously, he's asking me to deal with Roseline. Wasn't making her work under my assistance enough that now I have to send flower and make sure she throw off her tantrums and return to boss.

Truth to be told, why my boss cares if he has no feelings for her. Surely he has a harem of women waiting for him to share their bed.

I shuddured, finally defeated when I have no arguments left. All I have to do is send flowers to Roseline and that's it. Then I'm back on my work like—managing his cabin, his files, making notes, assisting him in work and so on.

A knock on the door interrupted me when I was about to ask Roseline's address. Boss permitted and the person walked in.

It's Mr. Castor.