Chapter 41

Facing Selena out of the blue, I think I wasn't really prepared for it. We had surprised each other like that so many times, but this time is different. First I didn't write or call after she had her unexpected break up. Secondly, she definitely heard the bantaring I had with my mother at downstairs and we were shouting enough for her to hear it.

When I enter my room, Selena is sitting on my bed and she is staring at something. I follow her gaze and she was actually looking at our high school pic. We snapped it right after our graduation.

"Selena?" I wanted to sound more casual but I end up investigating if she heard all and what she will say about it.

"Babe!" She exclaims. Babe? She never called me that. She looked and sound unfamiliar and then I realize what is different about her. She is not wearning her spectacles and the color of her eyes are darker than usual.

"You got permanent lenses." I giggled. And it wasn't just that. Her hair is now shorter than before, just to her shoulder and she looks prettier.

"Yeah, just got them a week ago."

"You look beautiful, really beautiful." I praise her honestly. She smiles and I don't know why but she looks happy, very happy. Even after her break up. "So how you're holding up?" I ask, trying to know what she had done in last two weeks.

"Holding what?" She says, sounding dumbfounded.

"Ofcourse your break up."

"Oh?" She makes an annoying face. "There's nothing to hold it back. I've moved on."

I think I'm going to throw up the steak chicken I had this afternoon. "You've moved on?" Surprise was evident in my voice. Is this really Selena? The one I use to know was possesive and obsessive when it comes to Brian. She even had her hails filed with perfection in order to rip out the tongue of the girl who dared to flirt with her boyfriend. I still have a fresh memory saved in my mind when she threw a girl in swimming pool at sophomore year in college for sending Brian a request in social media. And that same Selena just said that she moved on. I mean what on earth am I?

"Now come on. We are going to have fun." Selena break my thoughts.

"Fun?"

"Yeah, like a drive. We haven't been to anywhere for a long time."

"I think we should do that some other time. I'm actually tired, very tired." I reason with her. The last 48 hours were passed on traveling. All I could think that time was home. No place can be better than it and right now, I want to take shower and then rest on my hard mattress. The one in the hotel at LA was supersoft and I'm not used to it.

"Its a 27 min drive, bear. And don't worry I'll ride. You just have sit on the passenger seat. Thats it." She says and cross her arms like an obstinate little child asking for candy.

"I'm really tired Selena." I pout, making the dullest face ever. But I eventually failed miserably infront of Selena's stubborness.
She jumped in happiness when I finally agreed.

She looks over excited and it scared me. I hope I'm wrong and Selena is not drunk. Or is she?

While Selena waited in my room, I stalked into bathroom to freshen up. I take a little longer to clean my skin and bathe. Covering my self in a sleeveless top and black jeans, I wear my flats and pull my hair into a messy ponytail.

When I came out of the bathroom, Selena was dancing, more like marching like a doll around my room while humming some tune. The girl really got something fishy going on and my interest for her plan to go on a drive with her began to diminish. I've this weird feeling that I shouldn't go but I know I can't win against her. If I denied, she will literally drag me to her car and my mom won't even say a word.

I huffed, shrugged away the uneasy feelings and take Selena out of the room as she was gawking around if she had never seen my room before.

"Bye Mrs. Forbes. Your daughter will come tomorrow." Selena tells my mother.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, after the drive you are going to have a sleepover at my home."

"No, I can't.  I have to go to my work daily." I whine. I'm already suspecting   her behavior and now a sleepover. No!

I think its the first time I'm afraid of her.

"Ofcourse you are, right Mrs. Forbes."

"That will be a good way to spend time with your friend, Caroline." My mother agreed to her.

"No, mom. It will be inconvient for me in the morning. First I had to come back and then get ready and...its just time taking. A lot of time taking." I try to explain.

"Don't worry about that. I got few dresses from Manhattan. I got few for you too. You can wear those."

"Can't we have a sleepover some other day. Like on Thanksgiving. Not today."

"Only today." Selena shouts and then looped her hand with me and drag me outside. "Bye Mrs. Forbes."

"Bye and have fun. And drive slow." I hear my mother yelling while Selena take me to the driveway where her car is parked. Ok maybe its not that bad idea. I finally give in and decided to do whatever Selena wants.

We hopped in her red car and she drives. Not even we crossed three blocks, I began shivering and cursed myself for not taking a jacket. The temperature is dropping and weather is cold.

To avoid shivering, I distracted myself and fix my gaze at the passing homes, shops and trees. Kids playing in the park, riding their bike, teenagers walking hand in hand. Selena took a turn and it is the same road which take us to our college if we kept driving further for next 15 km.

"I miss these roads." I tell Selena, reminiscing my old days. I use to drive my car from home to college in holidays and vice versa. Sometimes, Selena also campanied me but most of the time in holidays she was with Brian. It was so fun. We three together, roam around college and study together.

"And college, too." I added.

"Don't miss it babe because we are going college." She exclaims and I'm taken aback in horror.

"College????" Did I just heard saying college.

"Its bonfire. Let's go and get drunk."

"Absolutely not." I think Selena has gone crazy. I'm not going to college and that too to attend a party. I don't like college parties. They made me sick. Infact their kind of fun means getting high and then make out the whole night. Plus, if I went there, then there's no chance of coming back till tomorrow night. And I can't miss tomorrow's office when so much is going on. My boss will think that I'm coward and backed away just because someone threatened me. So I have to be there.

"Absolutely fucking yes." Selena roll her eyes and then increases the speed,  crossing the driving limit. I shiver when the cold skin beat my skin.

"Selena you said that we are going to have a sleepover at your house. Not in college. Even mom doesn't know about it."

"Yeah I know. It was lie and don't look at me like I've never lied."

"I can't go to college and please drive slow." I plead.

"Relax care. You can share my dormitary. So it doesn't matter if its my home or college."

"Are you serious? Your home is just few block away from mine. And college, its 15 km." I huffed trying to make her understand. Instead of listening me, she increases the speed even more. I shouldn't have come. "And I have a job to do. I need to be there."

"Talking about your job. I'm sure being Klaus's personal manager, you must have some certain advantages. And he can be little lenient about it if you skip one day." Selena gives me dark look between her talks. That means she heard the conversation.