Chapter 64

As promised, I set to go to my office after a two-week rest. None of my employees contacted except Bonnie and Kol just after mom got my iPhone repaired. It was fine but the voice setting wasn't working.

I get into my car, my mom hovering over me. She bends a little and peeped on me through the window.

"Let me come." Mom requested. I swear she has been constantly reluctant to come along but I don't want that for some unknown reason.

"How many times you're gonna ask me when every time my answer is no! I want to deal with it, alone!" I answer her with my slightly edged voice.

"I was trying for the last time. Anyways, got your inhaler?"

"Yes!"

"Your sweater and jacket?"

"I'm wearing those, aren't I?"

"Took your medicine?"

"Yes!"

"Feeling okay?"

"Yes!"

"Are you sure you wanna go alone?"

"MOM!!!"

"Okay okay! Now go and drive smooth."

"Hmm!" And with that, I roll up my window and drive away leaving her behind. It's after mid-noon. Lunchtime must have finished by the time I reach there. So it won't be an issue. I have no idea if the boss is there and I haven't contacted him. Neither did he and I can't help but feel uneasy about it even though mom received a few calls and every time, I was resting and it was Mr. Mikealson, not the boss. There hasn't been a single day when I didn't hear his voice. And I can't believe that it's been two weeks.

Actually, after the few days I returned home, I wanted to go, but my health and Mom wouldn't let me. Mom has kept me away from my work as much as she could. And the recent disclosure of so many details made it worse. I was rooting for to go and have a glimpse of him. Kol told me that he is fine but I want to see that for myself.

So I am slightly happy as finally, I'm going but for the least favorite reason.

Mr. Castor who turned out to be my uncle gave me a reason to get out of the house but this is the worst reason. I don't want to leave my job. That is why I'm just slight happy. With each meter ride, I feel stressed on how I'm gonna get through with this but I have to leave my job because of the legacy created by my father's dead father and uncle. I don't how to feel about my father anymore!!

Suddenly I see a black car beside me. It seems it has been for a little while but I was too lost to notice. I slowed down in hope so that it would pass faster even though there is enough space for it.

Instead, the car speed up, took a turn and stopped in the mid of the road and blocked my way.

I stopped my car on time with a screech. My brows furrow in anger at the behavior of the person who tried to pull this stunt. I wasn't really careful while driving. The car is stopped in the mid of the road, currently blocking the entire road.

I honk continuously so it would move but it's stuck on the road like freaking December ice. Angrily, I lower the glass down, look outside and shout.

"Hello! Move. Are you deaf??"

The car finally starts but in another second, it went quiet again.

"Are you kidding me?" I shout again and get off the car with a bad temper. I'm already stressing as I'm going to make a decision today that I don't want to in the first place and this situation is exaggerating me like hell.